Best Travel Blanket in 45s Animation
  • lazycalifornian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Best Travel Blanket in 45s Animation

by lazycalifornian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey Everyone, just launched my first campaign, and going through the usual learning curve. I'm launching two related products (one for home sleep and one for travel and napping) that seal in body heat above the shoulder line. Prior to launching, I though that roughly 80% of our pledges would come from our neat little travel blanket since it actually traps heat by your shoulders when you nap, and it won't fall off. Besides, I didn't think people would go for a warmer blanket in the middle of summer (it actually helps you sleep cooler too, but that's a different story). Thus far, the sleeping blanket has made up over two thirds of our pledges. Which is great news, but I think people are having a hard time finding the travel blanket since it's not a part of the preview photo and comes last in the video. So I made a short 45 second animation explaining the travel napping concept. I've linked the Kickstarter campaign and the 45 second video below. Would love to get feedback on the idea, and whether you think there's merit here. And if you think there is, your help in sharing it would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks,
    Rick

http://kck.st/18BJ6ia

http://youtu.be/yJ1qA9f4oIM

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Best Travel Blanket in 45s Animation

by sbriggman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Rick. Seems like you've made some steady progress in terms of dollars pledged. I agree that it is a good product for travel - but at this stage, I personally would follow the money and focus on the sleeping blanket, as that seems to be getting the best reception. Would be great if you could share some lessons learned from running the campaign here: what-have-you-learned-from-running-a-kickstarter-campaign-t814.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.