1st Kickstarter: The Beast of Yucca Flats 20 Minute Fan Edit
  • bengette
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

1st Kickstarter: The Beast of Yucca Flats 20 Minute Fan Edit

by bengette » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 pm

One of my biggest hobbies is making fan edits of movies. When I watch a film, I'm always asking myself how I could improve the plot by rearranging sequences, omitting lines, shifting the focus from one character to another, etc.
    If any of you make fan edits, you know it's a time consuming process...
    And since my wife and I already have our lives full with making regular original content for our Youtube channel, Bengette Productions, I don't often have the time or incentive to work on fan edits.
    I'm testing the waters with my first kickstarter. If I can raise $120 in 30 days, I'll make a fan edit of The Beast of Yucca Flats, possibly the worst film ever made, in an attempt to salvage and abridge the movie. Not only will this project involve extensive edits, since the movie was filmed silent and then clunky narration and sound effects were added in post production, I'm going to be making brand new audio tracks, narration, and music for my cut.
    I figured if this kickstarter is successful, maybe I'll have enough incentive to launch bigger projects.

Anyway, here's a link to my kickstarter campaign:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... e-fan-edit

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 1st Kickstarter: The Beast of Yucca Flats 20 Minute Fan

by Cristina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman