Hello there! I'm Jose!
  • JoseBorges
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Hello there! I'm Jose!

by JoseBorges » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:29 am

My name is Jose Borges and I am a digital artist from North Ridgeville, Ohio. I'm quite new to this Kickstarter forum, but I look forward to getting to know you guys! I have recently created a new Kickstarter campaign in order to be able to travel around the country of Japan and create digital paintings of what I see and learn during my trip, as well as to create a photo album for my backers.

Here is a link to the project page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/188 ... japan-thro

Going to Japan for a long period of time has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. Just something about it gave me that sparkle in my eye and now that I have the opportunity to actually fulfill this dream, I want to try my best and make it happen while making everyone supporting me a big part of my adventure. The goal of this project is to create a series of digital paintings, which feature the traditional and contemporary sides of Japan, and to share the beauty and understanding of another culture and society through my work. I have put in a lot of time and effort into making the preparations for this project and I want, from the bottom of my heart, for it to be successful so that I can share it with the world. I am also looking for ways to get the word of my project out there day in and day out, which I'm hoping this forum can help me with that, as advertising a Kickstarter campaign is very difficult. I am very grateful for your time and really appreciate the support from everyone!! Also, to the creators of this forum, I want to sincerely thank you so much for making a resource like this available to us, as I'm sure it helps a lot of people achieve their dreams.

If anyone wants to talk about my project, I would love to do so as well! I am extremely passionate about it so even just coming to me with conversation is also cool! :) Thanks again everyone, I hope to hear back from you!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello there! I'm Jose!

by sbriggman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Jose,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you meet some great people and make good contacts. I am also now running a $25 giveaway for Kickstarter projects until next monday. The details: http://www.crowdcrux.com/this-weeks-25- ... -campaign/

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • JoseBorges
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JoseBorges » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am

Thank you Sal! I definitely look forward to doing just that. Also, I'll definitely look into that giveaway, it really seems like it could help the winner quite a bit! Do you offer up giveaways often? From what I've seen around the forums and other crowdfunding sites, you have helped a lot of people and that's something I find really admirable in a person :)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Jose,

Thanks! I only started doing them last week, but people seem to like them. This is the second one.

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • JoseBorges
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JoseBorges » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 am

Oh that's great! Well, I hope that the giveaway goes well! I'll probably be entering it soon this week too :)