Help Me Start My Sneaker Business
  • TaylorLynn
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Help Me Start My Sneaker Business

by TaylorLynn » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:19 am

Hello,
    My name is Taylor, and today I am contacting you regarding receiving help for my business startup. I am currently a college student at Liberty University and I am holding a 3.4 GPA. As of right now, I am pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice: Homeland Security. I fell in love with wanting to start a sneaker business when I was 19 years old. Now, I am 21 years old and my passion for wanting to have a sneaker business has grown even larger. I am struggling with the funds to reach certain goals for my business. As I mentioned, I do not have the funds to buy multiple sneakers when they become available on release day because I am only limited to buying two pairs. I have an enormous creative mind mainly because I am an artist and I enjoy drawing and painting. I am a very determined person and when I want something in life I always pursue it no matter how tough it may be. As a child, I have been a very passionate person about things I am strongly interested and invested into. I want to show people and my customers that I am a trustworthy person and that my word is my bond. My main goal right now is to continue to bring in customers to my business. Today, I am asking you to donate money to me to help me fully start my sneaker business. You can donate as much as you want, the amount is up to you. Below I will insert my GoFundMe donation link. On my GoFundMe page you will see just a few of my goals that I have listed. You will also notice on my GoFundMe page that I do not have my business name listed. I do not want to release the name of my business until I have received the donation goal and I have business cards. Also, I am a bit superstitious as silly as it may sound. My business name is very unique and I would hate for somebody to take it especially when I am not ready for my website and business cards. I can ensure you that any money you donate or any money that is given to me through donations will go strictly to my business and nowhere else. Thank you for taking the time to read my email and if you donate to me, I will gladly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Taylor

https://www.gofundme.com/2f5vkmk

DavidKS
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Help Me Start My Sneaker Business

by DavidKS » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:48 am

Hi Taylor,

I understand that you would like to build a business and have a passion for sneakers. I can relate to your passion, really! But let me tell you something about funding.
    Funding and especially crowdfunding is a tool with which you can contact your supporters and consumers directly to push you and help you achieve a goal, because it is in their interest too. You need a concise clear message and have to explain and above all convince people that you can do this and really realize it. You did not not convince me and I believe I am not the only one. And here is why:
    First of all you tell us that you are a student, someone with no experience in the startup or business section. You are pursuing a degree in criminal justice, fair enough. But it does not qualify you anything near the goal you want to achieve. For a business you would need someone to handle the economic side of things, who does it, you yourself? How big will your team be? How much costs will you have? Do you even have a business plan? And why should we sponsor you, another sneaker shop, what is YOUR unique selling proposition? What makes me want to come to you?
    You see I don't want to sound angry or something, but it just does not sound realistic and with a funding goal of 2000 dollars plainly speaking like fraud.
    Still if you are serious about your passion and everything "do it right" and come back please! Maybe you will have the sneakers we all want, just not now and not like this. I would recommend you write a business plan, have a business structure, a real plan, design, marketing campaign. calculated costs and these are the ones that will be funded. Not just a passion, sorry.
    http://kaufsafari.com/- The B2B Marketplace for StartUp Products.
  • TaylorLynn
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TaylorLynn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks your interest into my topic. My GoFundMe page is not FRAUD. I have a very DETAILED Business Plan that I wrote using Microsoft word. My mother is an accountant in Washington D.C. Who uses Quickboocks everyday. She taught me how to use Quickbooks and Excel. My business plan is very REALISTIC whether you want to sit there and believe it or not. With $1,000 you can buy 7 pairs of sneakers and resell them. Reselling sneakers is not rocket science. There are sneaker conventions held all across the country and I literally know a 17yr old thats in highschool that does what I want to do and it well known at these sneaker conventions. As mentioned above, thanks for your insight. You clearly have no knowledge of this type of business that I want to start so before you go bashing people do some research. So I strongly suggest you to do your homework. You can waste your time replying back to me if you seem "angry" if you want. But this statement from me is all you will get. Thank you.
  • orfeo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by orfeo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:55 am

Just wondering if ' Air Jordan' causes copyright issues?

thxx
    kalvinbrown
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kalvinbrown » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:17 am

TaylorLynn wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:19 am Hello,
    My name is Taylor, and today I am contacting you regarding receiving help for my business startup. I am currently a college student at Liberty University and I am holding a 3.4 GPA. As of right now, I am pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice: Homeland Security. I fell in love with wanting to start a sneaker business when I was 19 years old. Now, I am 21 years old and my passion for wanting to have a sneaker business has grown even larger. I am struggling with the funds to reach certain goals for my business. As I mentioned, I do not have the funds to buy multiple sneakers when they become available on release day because I am only limited to buying two pairs. I have an enormous creative mind mainly because I am an artist and I enjoy drawing and painting. I am a very determined person and when I want something in life I always pursue it no matter how tough it may be. As a child, I have been a very passionate person about things I am strongly interested and invested into. I want to show people and my customers that I am a trustworthy person and that my word is my bond. My main goal right now is to continue to bring in customers to my business. Today, I am asking you to donate money to me to help me fully start my sneaker business. You can donate as much as you want, the amount is up to you. Below I will insert my GoFundMe donation link. On my GoFundMe page you will see just a few of my goals that I have listed. You will also notice on my GoFundMe page that I do not have my business name listed. I do not want to release the name of my business until I have received the donation goal and I have business cards. Also, I am a bit superstitious as silly as it may sound. My business name is very unique and I would hate for somebody to take it especially when I am not ready for my website and business cards. I can ensure you that any money you donate or any money that is given to me through donations will go strictly to my business and nowhere else. Thank you for taking the time to read my email and if you donate to me, I will gladly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Taylor
    Well this sounds very interesting and creative, and this is not on the market right now, so you can not be afraid of competition from other companies, but in order to create your own business you need to have knowledge in jurisprudence and be able to manage the company. It is very difficult in fact and you will definitely need people who will help you and who you can trust. In addition, insurance is very important. If you will cooperate with some little-known companies, then it is likely that you will encounter problems, and if with guys like https://generalliabilityinsure.com/ then everything will be fine. In addition, do not forget that this requires serious investment of 150k dollars. So think well if you can cope with all the difficulties.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Hey, I have my own sneaker business. I want to tell you that this is a very difficult business because of the huge competition in the market. In my city almost every street has some kind of sneaker store and to be one of the best I have always to offer my customers more favorable conditions than my competitors. For example, a couple of weeks ago, I published my business on San Diego business promotions. Site visitors can find my promotions, coupons, and vouchers there. People are attracted to the opportunity to save money. So first of all try to work for clients and not for the sake of earning.