Can Nonprofits Use Crowdfunding?
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Can Nonprofits Use Crowdfunding?

by Cristina » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 am

This is SUCH a great question. I actually hope more nonprofits start asking this as they begin to explore new territory like online giving, social media, and building up their web presence.

Can you actually use crowdfunding to get funding for an event, expand your nonprofit, connect donors with your cause, or make positive changes in the world?

The answer is 100% YES!!

Read the article here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/can-nonprofits ... wdfunding/

question-mark-338x185.jpg
    question-mark-338x185.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • cratestyle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Can Nonprofits Use Crowdfunding?

by cratestyle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 pm

From what I've read, it's more of a grey area. You can't directly use it for funding a non-profit, but you can create something (product or service) and use that to raise funds.

Kickstarter says: "While nonprofit and charitable organizations are welcome to use Kickstarter, please note that Kickstarter cannot be used for direct charity or cause funding. All projects must create something to share with others. Check out our rules for more."
  • Falcon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Falcon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:33 am

Yeah, But while it's a grey area, you can literally just stick a logo on a shirt and or "create" wristbands or something.

As long as you distribute something digital or physical, Kickstarter shouldn't have a problem with it. You just can't use it like GoFundMe.
  • cloop
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cloop » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Yes, you can! Kickstarter doesn't allow it but you can definitely do it on Indiegogo or GoFund me.