When momentum is in a galaxy far far away...
  • Runtimate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

When momentum is in a galaxy far far away...

by Runtimate » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi Guys!

We are currently running a Kickstarter campaign here http://kck.st/1ZZOfLr and it's goin reeeaaally reaaaally bad.
    We have done our homework at 110% but when things decide to go awry, there is little to do.
    Just some bullet points of how we prepared our campaign:
    - Community building: 18k+ people community built in the last 6 months. 0 backers.
    - Pr: We hired one of the most successful pr agency. 0 backers.
    - Great media coverage, everyone seems intrigued about what we are doing. No conversions.
    - BackerClub : 0

We are totally stuck.

We think that there is something wrong with the product itself, but we wuold have never expected such a poor result.
    Every feedback is welcome.

Thank you very much!

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: When momentum is in a galaxy far far away...

by hyperstarter » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:34 pm

You should of hired us (Even though we haven't launched officially yet, on this forum there's some nice reviews of the work we've done). Ok let me take a look at your campaign.

Just to break down what you wrote:
    - Community building: 18k+ people, but did you engage with them? They know what you're doing and you kept in touch alon the way?
    - Pr: Which PR company?
    - Great media coverage, everyone seems intrigued about what we are doing. Who has said this + who have you contacted?
    - BackerClub : It depends with these guys, but since they checked you out and added them, I'm surprised they couldn't get you one.

Onto the campaign page.

Using a hot looking lady was clever, but the photos don't look to be high enough quality or perhaps use filters better.

The orange logo on the front reminds me of a RPG computer game or Portal? Perhaps it was an accident, but you could promote this as an advantage.

You mention in the video, it's safe and secure...but could you show tests to show how it's safe and secure. I think all the words you've said in your video need to be backed up on the campaign page + visually too.

For me, I understand this page is fun but since your audience is wide and varied, I'd personally remove phrases like "are you nuts", "haha" etc., from the page.
    - You need to come across as professional and serious, as backers are investing their money.

There's also references on this forum:
    recommend-using-hyperstarter-t6127.html

Also I wrote a LinkedIn article on finding influencers which you may find useful:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/100-crowd ... giles-dawe

I see you've 30 days to go, which is good. I wouldn't mind helping you out if you want to get in contact via PM or email at email@hyperstarter.com :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • dinnigan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dinnigan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:27 pm

This may sound very harsh, but if you are looking for some honest feedback, it's better said than not! Anyway, as a native English speaker I found you guys quite difficult to understand. So, for example, as the video plays I tend to scroll down and read some stuff as the video plays and with your video when I couldn't see the visuals to aid in hearing I found it very difficult to understand.

Your English is obviously very good for a second language, but that is just my first immediate impression. It just distracted a bit from trying to understand the product itself when I couldn't instantly understand what I was hearing.

Best of luck!
  • Runtimate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Runtimate » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:46 pm

dinnigan wrote:This may sound very harsh, but if you are looking for some honest feedback, it's better said than not! Anyway, as a native English speaker I found you guys quite difficult to understand. So, for example, as the video plays I tend to scroll down and read some stuff as the video plays and with your video when I couldn't see the visuals to aid in hearing I found it very difficult to understand.

Your English is obviously very good for a second language, but that is just my first immediate impression. It just distracted a bit from trying to understand the product itself when I couldn't instantly understand what I was hearing.

Best of luck!

Dinnigan, your feedback is gold for us! That might explain why just a small group of people have watched the video until the end. I think we will put some subs in english, officially for hearing impaired people, unofficially because we suck at languages.

Thank you very much!

Tommy
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman