16 Kickstarter Reward Ideas For Movie Projects
  • hupictz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

16 Kickstarter Reward Ideas For Movie Projects

by hupictz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:12 am

If you want to run a crowdfunding campaign for a movie, here a couple of Kickstarter reward ideas that can help you to get pledges coming in:

A PDF of the shooting script
    This is a reward level that’s very easy to deliver – you already have it. It’s also compelling, because people who care enough about your movie project to back it on Kickstarter will be interested to see the script. (Note: don’t deliver the script before the movie is released).

Examples:

Veronica Mars
    “You’ll be sent a pdf of the shooting script on the day of the movie’s release. Read it or remain unspoiled, the choice is yours. Additionally, you will receive regular updates and behind-the-scenes scoop throughout the fundraising and movie making process.”

8423 backers, paying $10 = $84,230

Production Diary
    This takes a bit of work to produce, but it’s a great way to make backers more engaged, and turn a potential movie watcher into a real fan.

Examples:

Zach Braff

“PRODUCTION DIARY// You’re now a part of this movie making club, and I want to show you the process, from start to finish. Each week throughout this summer’s shoot you will receive my Production Diary. This will include a video memo from me (with cameos from the cast and crew) detailing the process of making the movie. You’ll also get casting and production news first, before the Hollywood trades. And, I’ll email you a PDF of the “WISH I WAS HERE” screenplay right before the movie premieres.”
    9133 backers, paying $10 = $91,330

Behind-The-Scenes
    A little bit similar to a production diary, but easier to do, because it’s just sharing stuff that you already have anyway.

Example:

Anomalisa

“Behind the Scenes Exclusives! A downloadable set of Anomalisa Character Designs and Artwork from the film, plus all of the above.”
    812 backers paying $25 = $20,300
    “From Script to Screen! A set of Anomalisa storyboards from a scene in the film signed by the director and all of the above.”
    215 backers paying $75 = $16,125

Read more here: http://www.kickpreneur.com/16-kickstart ... e-projects