Bulk mailing experience?
  • Ardor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Bulk mailing experience?

by Ardor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Does anyone have bulk mailing experience? My project is for a book. I got an shipping estimate for regular book rate shipping from the USPS. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to get a bulk mailing permit. I'm also considering using stamps.com. There are a lot of stories around the net from people saying they give you trouble when you want to cancel your service though.

The thing that makes it hard is that I have no idea if my project will succeed and even if it does how many book I will sell. It probably changes things if I sell 500 or 5000.

smokoinc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Bulk mailing experience?

by smokoinc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:34 am

well dont trust bulk lists because they are usually worthless, we've had similar awful results from purchasing email lists, just dont do it..
  • Ardor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ardor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:38 am

No, I didn't mean buying mailing listings.

I mean after the campaign is, hopefully, successfully completed and I have to mail out the rewards. Is it worth to purchase a bulk mailing permit from the post office in order to get a better rate on shipping,
  • owithme
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by owithme » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:18 am

Hi! I just launched my first project, but I have been looking into this recently. There are apparently a couple of providers who will handle shipping for you for an extra couple of dollars per reward. I think I will use one of them. Especially for international shipping it looks very hard to a) find the most cost-efficient solution b) have something with good tracking properties (US mail is a nightmare) and c) handle customs, duty and paperwork... have a look at a couple of them. the most extreme is backerkit. they do everything for you. but on their page you will see some of their shipping partners, like shipwire, too...

hope this helps! let me know if you find any good solutions. I will have to figure this out in some months in detail :)