Zombies, Beautiful Graphics & Kickstarter as my ammo
  • DeividCole
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Zombies, Beautiful Graphics & Kickstarter as my ammo

by DeividCole » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi guys, I would like to say firstly that this is my first ever topic posted. As well as the project I talk about is my very first experience on Kickstarter.

Im a 21 year old graphic design student studying in London. Im really into gaming and because of that, I decided to learn and create a mobile app game. It was a huge struggle to balance university deadlines and the game, but close to 5 months now later, The game is in testing phases!

I launched my Kickstarter campaign last night and was so pleased to see that already 20% is funded, through complete strangers. Perhaps they saw the hard work and dedication that I put into the project or perhaps they are just very nice zombies :mrgreen:

None the less, I have had a positive experience already with the website and most importantly began to get true honest feedback from complete strangers! Which in my opinion is the most valuable.

For this reason I also will ask for anybody that has 2 minutes of their time, to check my Kickstarter page. Not to ask for funding but to give me feedback. What YOUR opinion on the game is, all suggestions are welcome! If you really like, of course funding would be awesome, but the reason why I started Kickstarter campaign is to raise awareness. And thats what I will continue to do.

Thank you, to every amazing backer and fellow human (or zombie) that has the time to just chat and share opinions. You guys are awesome!

Deivid Cole
    Creator of ZombWar
    http://kck.st/1RrQLWC
    (An Awesome Free Mobile Game)
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Zombies, Beautiful Graphics & Kickstarter as my ammo

by Cristina » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:10 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    naxxfish
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Zombies, Beautiful Graphics & Kickstarter as my ammo

by naxxfish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:27 pm

It's a pretty well laid out campaign, and a pretty decent video too. I mean, I'd have like to be able to hear you better (a lapel mic would have helped!) and the lighting was a bit bad - but with a limited budget you did well.

You mention that you changed the name, but then the old name crops up a few times in the campaign text.

The game looks good! The tower defence genre is pretty popular at the moment. It looks polished from the screenshots, which gives me confidence.

What would be nice - although I'm not sure how feasible it is - is to give out a download of the app as a reward. Obviously I understand on the app store(s) it'll probably only be a few £££, so not a big deal - but still, if I'm invested enough to pledge towards your goal, I'm going to want the game :)

Good luck!