On items that Kickstarter allows and other things...
  • TheMadHare
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

On items that Kickstarter allows and other things...

by TheMadHare » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 pm

First off, hello everyone! New here. Hope it's a habit :)

First off, I was wondering about what one can or cannot use as a pledge reward on Kickstarter? See, I was under the impression that you could not use items you did not manufacture or create, and that gave me the impression that for example, mugs and t-shirts, unless made by you, could not be used. At least, that is what I thought in reading some forums and asking. But now I find that t-shirt and other pre-manufactured items are allowed, at least I am seeing them on several campaigns. So, would I be allowed to have t-shirts made as long as they have my project logo? I also wanted to have printed art cards done as well.

Second, and probably the most important concern to me. My project isn't as a technologically savvy as many others I have seen, nor as quirky. I realize that it doesn't have that "new gadget" appeal. But, my project is very unusual, and unfortunately, controversial. I'm designing an art book that will illustrate and explain medical literature that is currently being shown to the populace as being "correct and accurate." I'm talking about medical literature that mislabels, poorly explains or even talks about anatomic human structures that do not exist.

Yes, these texts do exist. And they are currently in use.

The art book is part of a bigger project to test healthcare provider efficiency. Anyway, I am building the Kickstarter campaign (have yet to submit for approval), but I've noticed the big factor. Outside attempts to get funding/support/attention are falling to the wayside. As someone pointed out to me in the medical community "No one will care." I'm from that community, and I already know that from within, they don't. Due to things I've run into trying to get the whole project built up, I fear they may be right as to the general population. So I wanted to know, do services like Krowdster actually work? Are they a reputable service to utilize? Because my project is a medical/education project, I feel it won't have the natural appeal of new tech, and as such, I may have to invest some money to find leads, support, etc, to help with the fund raising.

I'll admit I'm a bit disheartened. Would the population care if someone could improve healthcare provider-patient relations? I wonder at times.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

• kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: On items that Kickstarter allows and other things...

by kelly101 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi
    I recently attended a conference on health care technology and one of the main themes is to create apps and platforms that will help patients get better care from service providers.

It sounds that your project is not technical (an art book?) It could be interesting but it doesn't sound like its actually going to make any difference in terms of patient care so I wouldnt use this as a marketing tool, just state that its an interesting artistic project.

I haven't heard any good things about Krowdster and I would recommend that you ask for a few references before paying for any service.

Hope it helps
    Alan