New to Kickstarter, Any Suggestions?
  • ModernCoalition
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

New to Kickstarter, Any Suggestions?

by ModernCoalition » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Y'all, We're ModernCoalition, a developer bringing real-world political strategy to mobile gaming. We've been around about 6 months, and we're trying to generate hype for our game with a Kickstarter campaign. We'd love to get your thoughts on the best ways to market/sell this and generate momentum via social media. If that sounds interesting, check out our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/moderncoalition) for more information, or reply with tips or questions. Cheers, The MoCo Team

• Cam Connor
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: New to Kickstarter, Any Suggestions?

by Cam Connor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:39 pm

It comes down to conversions and marketing... basically, how much traffic you get to your campaign listing, how relevant that traffic is, and how well your page is designed for conversions.

For the conversions part, I take it you don't have an in-house Copywriter, and I'd strongly advise against writing it yourself, so I'd hire a Copywriter for that (as all the pros do).

As far as marketing, you can post it on Prefundia as well as Pitch Fuse, and figure out a marketing plan. You could build up hype and market it with paid traffic for example, I know many people do that. Building up free traffic takes a long time, so I'd do that.

Also, you could write about it and do guest posts for gaming-related blogs with visitors who're in your target market, and build up some hype this way. These could be paid posts, or sometimes free. Up to the blog owner.
    Focused Crowdfunding Copywriter - Looking For Great Projects To Get Behind
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: New to Kickstarter, Any Suggestions?

by Cristina » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman