10% Funded Towards Revolutionizing Bath Time
  • Revelae
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

10% Funded Towards Revolutionizing Bath Time

by Revelae » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:35 am

We introduced Sudsy Dough moldable bath soap to Kickstarter about a week ago. We are 10% funded and it's been an encouraging launch, with several blog features and ramping up to pitch to the media. We created Sudsy Dough in our own kitchen to make bath time fun for our own kids. It's a simple product but we are confident our branding and vision for our future product line will set us apart.

We learned pretty quickly that creating the campaign is just the beginning. We focused a lot on content creation (which can seem the hardest), when really that's the first step and you should have a marketing plan ready to execute as soon as you click "Launch". We also avoided the temptation to hire a Kickstarter pr service, which I'm hearing is not working out for alot of people.

Any tips for getting the word out are appreciated! What's this I'm hearing about funding often growing substantially when a project reaches 20-30% funded?

-Katie
    Sudsy Dough on Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... -bath-soap

• NinaGood
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: 10% Funded Towards Revolutionizing Bath Time

by NinaGood » Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 am

Looks great, I'd like to try out this type of toy when I finish re-modelling of my bathroom. I am currently choosing an adequate bath fitter and checking bath fitter reviews , probably I will order some items from United States.
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 10% Funded Towards Revolutionizing Bath Time

by jassiet.ross » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:33 pm

Congrats on reaching 10% funding with Sudsy Dough! That’s a fantastic start, and it sounds like you’re off to a strong launch.

You’re absolutely right—having a solid marketing plan is crucial right from the start. It’s great that you’re focusing on content creation and media pitches. As for the funding often increasing once a project hits 20-30%, it’s known as the “funding momentum” effect. Backers tend to be more willing to support a project when they see that it’s gaining traction and has a higher chance of succeeding. Essentially, people are more likely to back a project that looks like it’s already on its way to success.

To boost your visibility, consider these tips:

Leverage Social Media: Engage with your audience on platforms where they are most active. Share behind-the-scenes content, updates, and special promotions to keep the momentum going.
    Email Marketing: Use your existing email list to provide updates, offer exclusive early-bird rewards, or give insights into your project’s progress.
    Reach Out to Influencers: Partner with influencers or bloggers who align with your brand and can help spread the word.
    Crowdfunding Communities: Engage with communities that focus on crowdfunding. They can offer valuable advice and support.
    Best of luck with the campaign! It’s exciting to see innovative products like Sudsy Dough making waves.