Kickstarter Campaign Feedback?
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarter Campaign Feedback?

by CrowdFund Genius » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Launching a new campaign and I could use some feedback? Whats missing? To long? To short? Questions? I would appreciate all and any feedback, positive and negative. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289289844/1982703898?token=fe0b32c2

-ZacBob

For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Campaign Feedback?

by Charles » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:08 am

CrowdFund Genius wrote:Launching a new campaign and I could use some feedback? Whats missing? To long? To short? Questions? I would appreciate all and any feedback, positive and negative. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289289844/1982703898?token=fe0b32c2

-ZacBob

1. Your project image is black and white. Thus, the single most important image associated with your project page fails to benefit from the vibrancy that color can afford. Compare it to the image that you are using at the top of your Twitter page:

2. As I scroll down the page, your other choices of imagery to populate your project page with are either small in size, or they are fairly subdued, as far as imagery goes. All other things being equal, large images will provide more visual bang for the buck than smaller images, as far as the generation of visual impact is concerned.

3. The descriptive text beneath the two fellows who collectively form the Immortal Mics Team, Brandon and Ryan, is way too small. Who wants to strain their eyes, to read that?

4. Swap out Ryan's photo. He's not smiling. That is a missed opportunity for the generation of positive energy via visual means. A small thing, certainly, but small things have a way of adding up, and small visual elements collectively comprise the sum total of your project page's "visual score."

5. Now, make your videos awesome, too, is a nice little slogan - BUT.....None of those small images can be clicked to start a video, nor even a larger version of the images in question. Instead of telling us through that text quip, show us. Don't depend simply on the page visitor to imagine what their videos might look like. Create some, and have them handy, just a link click away. Or, do you want project page visitors to interact with your page? If they interact, then that means that they linger.

6. You have a huge mass of text at the end of your page, as I scroll down. That mass needs to be broken up, visually. That way, it becomes more tempting to read it. You live in the age of Twitter. How many will likely want to read the three hundred and sixty-seven words that collectively comprise that mass in its current incarnation? The natural inclination of page visitors is to scroll, and if they do so, their eye will lead them to resting points. That mass of text is a cliff for their eye to fall off of. Encourage the eye to pause and rest, by giving the eye something to land on.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:20 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by kelly101 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Hey Bro, You sound like your trying to be the cool substitute teacher. You are sound engineers we know your nerds, it ok, its cool now:)

I would change the text as it comes off as demeaning. People who buy GoPros are pretty well off and educated bunch.

The product looks good although the initial image is a bit confusing - It looks like it amplifes sound into a helmet - like a motorcycle bluetooth rather than a stand alone recording device.

The video explains the product quite well but is a bit too long - I would cut it down to two mins

The rewards go from 1$ to 99$, I would put some smaller donations in maybe a T-shirt @ $20, it will help spread awareness of the brand.

The page is also very busy, try reducing the amount of images etc..
    Thanks
    Alan
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdFund Genius » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Charles, Kelly101,

I appreciate all the feedback! We've been making a few changes but our submittal date is coming up. Is there anything I could help you with? Questions you might have with your own projects?

You dont by chance have a close relative that works for Tech Crunch do you!!! lol.

-ZacBob
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by kelly101 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for the offer I wont be launching for a few months but when I do I will get back to you. Good luck with your project! Its a problem that needs solving! and you have solved it!