What up, ma peeps!
  • MI_Buddy

What up, ma peeps!

by MI_Buddy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:52 pm

(No, I don't imagine that the subject line actually sounds cool :))

Hello! I'm Josh Powlison. I've been writing stories all my life, and I've also been attracted to starting my own business.

The entertainment industry has some huge problems with current business models: overwork is the norm, stories get canceled that have huge fanbases, projects with huge fanbases lose out because they aren't providing enough money to investors, it's hard to know that enough people want what you have to make a profit, piracy takes a huge cut... there's quite a bit. I'm developing business plans to deal with these issues, and hope to launch them over the course of the next 7 years! I also want to build up a community of storytellers, and provide them the knowledge to tell their stories in any media (which I'm writing a blog on and developed a series of theories for).

Probably of no surprise, I've launched a Kickstarter for one of these business plans, but this one focuses more on building a community of startup artists, primarily musicians and graphic artists. I feel like I'm spamming posting it here, but if you're curious... ta-daa! http://kck.st/1zddfLB (I just launched it Thursday and took yesterday off, hoping after contacting my friends Thursday they'd talk with their friends on Friday and I'd get more today... hence the slow movement)

Who are you people?