An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Pre-Crowdfunding Research
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Pre-Crowdfunding Research

by therriaultk » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 pm

A point I’ve made in a number of posts is the importance of doing extensive research before launching a crowdfunding campaign. Since crowdfunding is still not very well known, a lot of creators may not fully realize the amount they need to learn in a short span of time and how much work will have to go into the campaign’s presentation, promotion, and distribution of rewards.

Being well-informed going into your campaign and looking into some of the best and worst projects in your category can set you apart from creators who jump blindly into a campaign and then wonder why things don’t go the way they hoped.

Here are a few things to research when preparing a crowdfunding campaign:

Your Idea

Last night you had the craziest dream. Your mind conjured up this amazing idea that everyone needs, or a story that the world must hear. Your creative juices are flowing and your life has a new purpose. You want a hit crowdfunding campaign like the ones you’ve seen in the news and you’re sure people will love it. But are they? Is your idea really new? Will anyone buy into it?

These answers might be, “Yes!” to you and your friends and family, but less clear to others. You should have a strong vision of what you want to do and why it is important for people to support you. Be sure that you have the knowledge and expertise (or a team to help you) to get the project done to the best of your ability. You should also be able to show possible backers proof of concept – through demonstrating a prototype, giving previews, or providing as much information as possible to show them you are serious about this dream project you are pitching.

Read the full post on CrowdfundingPR!
    http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/entrepren ... -research/

Did you find this post helpful? Leave any questions or comments below!

Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
    Ken Peavey
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Pre-Crowdfunding Research

by Ken Peavey » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 am

therriaultk wrote:Last night you had the craziest dream. Your mind conjured up this amazing idea that everyone needs, or a story that the world must hear. Your creative juices are flowing and your life has a new purpose.

BEEN THERE! Ended up making chocolate pizza and lollipops for a while. Sold the dickens out of em.

This latest project is not as simple as melting chocolate and driving around with a trunk full of boxes. So far I've found these forums and the CrowdCrux site as sources of information for setting up a successful crowdfunding campaign.

What else is out there?
    What sort of time involvement am I looking at for learning about setting up a crowdfunding campaign? I can make the time, but I'm curious as to how involved this process can be.
    Crowdfund project one day: The Natural Growing and Small Farm Reader
    http://farmwhisperer.com/natural-growing-and-small-farm-reader