Do you plan to make your project into a business?
  • Do you plan to make your project into a business?

Yes
    88%
    No
    No votes
    I would like to, but let's see how it goes.
    13%

Total votes: 8
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Do you plan to make your project into a business?

by sbriggman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Out of curiosity, I'd like to get some thoughts on whether or not you plan to make your Kickstarter project into a business or profession longterm, or if it's more of for fun/a side-project.

Let me know!

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Inventalator
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Do you plan to make your project into a business?

by Inventalator » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 pm

I've come across this question quite a bit. Anxious to see the results. If you're successful on Kickstarter, I can't imagine people not catching that "startup" bug and trying to keep it going. Would be tough to succeed and just be done with it!
    Inventalator.com - Crowd Intelligence Platform for Product Development

Click here and use access code - kickstarterforum - to join our community instantly!
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:59 pm

sbriggman wrote:Out of curiosity, I'd like to get some thoughts on whether or not you plan to make your Kickstarter project into a business or profession longterm, or if it's more of for fun/a side-project.

Let me know!

Yes, most definitely. This is my first feature film and I'd love it to lead to the start of an Indie Film Production company which creates many, many more. :)
    Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
  • jdbelsterling
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by jdbelsterling » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:36 am

For us, our project is to finish up funding development for our EdTech company. We've already been invested in by an awesome incubator, but only need a little more cash (~$8,000), so don't want to raise more and lose equity just for that. It's a very bootstrap-able business, so hoping this will be enough to get us to post-revenue stage.
    Innovate education AND give back to underserved NYC students through MajorClarity's Kickstarter. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... ajor-today
  • KFH
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KFH » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 pm

sbriggman wrote:Out of curiosity, I'd like to get some thoughts on whether or not you plan to make your Kickstarter project into a business or profession longterm, or if it's more of for fun/a side-project.

Let me know!

Oh definitely! It would be a shame to just stop at kickstarter.
    I already have startup support which just about covers the fundamentals but regarding hiring staff, fitout for the store and equipment this will take a little more cash and I really want the space to be a place someone can really feel the brand within the space. Coming from an Architectural background it holds much importance to create an effective environment.
    Connecting designers and manufacturing to the high street and to the general public, using tea to create a social aspect to bridge the two. Support us here! >>http://kck.st/1tJWeGN
    ConnectionDeck

by ConnectionDeck » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:34 am

Yes indeed!

After Kickstarter, we should have extra Decks left over, and their sale will hopefully get rolled right into the next line of Connection Deck related products - the app, resource books, potentially a workshop series and video series.

We're definitely viewing this Kickstarter campaign as a major step into a much larger business. Once the hurdle of a first printing is done, things become much simpler. (knock on wood)
    Our Kickstarter Campaign: http://bit.ly/CDForumSig
    Connection Deck - A unique resource for children and the parents, educators, and caregivers who love them.
    http://www.connectiondeck.com
  • hogeandco
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by hogeandco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Most definitely!

I've got a few more products lined up to start a men's grooming accessories line. Thankfully the MiGO wallet (my first KS project) is letting just test the waters and see what works and what doesn't. It's a great learning experience.
    ConnectionDeck

by ConnectionDeck » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 am

@hogeandco That MiGO is looking pretty slick! Looks like you're off to a good start funding wise, and you've got a solid business in the making!
    Our Kickstarter Campaign: http://bit.ly/CDForumSig
    Connection Deck - A unique resource for children and the parents, educators, and caregivers who love them.
    http://www.connectiondeck.com
  • raof
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by raof » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:27 pm

I would love to take a successful kickstarter and be able to turn it into a full time business. For me it'll probably go in three steps get kickstarter funded (hopefully) ----> promote line of products and company ideals on time off from current job -----> turn Random Acts of Fitness into a full time job.

The main goal with mine is to promote a more active life style in 'micro fitness events' and to be able to host events, have a shop and help people live a little healthier would be a dream come true.
    Random Acts of Fitness
    For a Fun and Fit Life
    Check it out: www.raof.ca