Help back my project what do I do?
  • swestfield
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Help back my project what do I do?

by swestfield » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:28 pm

I am a stay at home mum at present to my first beautiful baby girl! My passion has always been food which i learnt all my tricks and secrets from my nan. I have started a Kickstarter project to help raise funds to fulfil my Nan's dreams of taking her natural organic and tasty sauces to the shops. These sauces are so delicious they take any dish from bland to wow easily. Sharing talking about or any donations would be much appreciated! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... soning-and

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Help back my project what do I do?

by sbriggman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 pm

I would be more deliberate about explaining where the 40k will go. I would also include more information about you as a creator and why you can pull this off.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • SidewaySignsCo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SidewaySignsCo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 pm

£40,000 is quite a bit of money. If you don't meet your goal this time, try lowering your your goal amount. I also agree with @sbriggman about being a little more specific about what exactly the money will be going toward.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to add a wider variety of rewards, making it more enticing so people will want to pledge money toward your cause
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:39 pm

swestfield wrote:My passion has always been food which i learnt all my tricks and secrets from my nan.

Unfortunately, your project page doesn't visually showcase that passion. You've invested no real time nor effort in visually making your case. Visually, you're presented people with an empty bottle and a project image with the face obscured by the play button for the project video.

The video, what little that I watched of it, doesn't even seem to feature you in it. I clicked on it in multiple spots, only to see that same hand writing more text. Think of it this way - on your project page, text is food in a raw state. Images are the visual equivalent of cooked food. If you want people to gobble your project page, then make it appetizing. Make it something to savor, visually, and people will be far more likely to respond to it - and by extension, be far more likely to be receptive to pledging to support your project.

Your project on Kickstarter is one of thousands. Visually, it can't compete. It's up to you to make it visually competitive. You have failed to do so. Even the label on that empty bottle is visually boring. It's not colorful, it's black and white. Your project is competing with many very colorful projects. You've taken a bland approach to the biggest visual element of the two images that you have presented.

Your project page needs a complete overhaul. You need to be in it. You will be far more interesting than the video that you currently have in place. Let's see what you do with the sauces to the food that you prepare using them. You don't bother to show any of that.

Why do a video comprised of text? You're stacking text on top of text. Your project page is largely an exercise in text.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2