Legend of Lotus Progress - Nearly there!
  • legend_of_lotus
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Legend of Lotus Progress - Nearly there!

by legend_of_lotus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:22 am

Our project is so close to meeting its goal (with one week left!) that I can smell it... and it smells like twenty-something spirit.

Even one dollar, or telling your rich(er) friends about this would be a huge help!

Check us out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legend-of-lotus/legend-of-lotus-jrpg-with-a-dash-of-steampunk

Legend of Lotus is a Steam-Punk-esque, JRPG, that takes place in the world of Genos. Sentient life was spawned by the arrival of a powerful stone known as the Lotus.

As nerds and fans of old school RPGs - you know... the kind we'd run home from school to play - we wanted to make a game in the style of those nostalgic works like The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and the classic Final Fantasy games. While we love the game play, style, and memories of staying home sick from school (when really we just held our thermometer under a lamp so we could finish the latest quest), all we dedicated fans of the genre have probably played our favorite entries a hundred times over. We know where every chest, secret room, and big boss battle will take place, and exactly what we need to do to get there.

Legend of Lotus fills that nostalgic longing for the retro-styled JRPGs we love, while bringing a fresh new story with a new cast of characters - and a few new technological developments that don't detract from the game play we miss but that enhance the storytelling. These include character portraits, animated battle scenes, and a relationship system with your friends, enemies, and two love interests.

If we can meet at $2000 goal, the game will finally be able to come to life. This is where your support comes in! Everyone contributing $15 and up will be awarded an early copy of the game, digital media accompaniments, and our eternal gratitude!

http://thelotuswar.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/kickstarter-banner.png?w=560

Thanks a ton even for reading this. Its come a long way, and Justin and I are finally allowing ourselves to feel excited about this Kickstarter :mrgreen:

RWP

Re: Legend of Lotus Progress - Nearly there!

by RWP » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:04 am

I just read your project and couldn't help but to smile when I read The"Gary Oak". Definitely brought back all sorts of memories. Reminded me that I have to go get a 3DS so I can get the remake of Sapphire and Ruby... ANYWAYS! I really like the idea behind this. It sounds like a great game and I'm hoping that it will get successfully funded! It looks flawless :D