SOLFEGE.TV - A new music video network (just launched!)
  • solfegetv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

SOLFEGE.TV - A new music video network (just launched!)

by solfegetv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 am

Hey everyone! We just launched our Kickstarter campaign for SOLFEGE.TV, a new music video network dedicated to independent music. You can learn a lot more from our Kickstarter video and description: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957838710/solfegetv-a-new-music-video-network

But of course, if you have any questions for us, or any comments about the campaign, that's why we're here! Let us know. We're so excited to get this campaign going, and to have found a community like this to help us through the process.

Our campaign is live! We're building SOLFEGE.TV, an online, independent music video network, and we need your help. Be part of this thing from the start:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957838710/solfegetv-a-new-music-video-network
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: SOLFEGE.TV - A new music video network (just launched!)

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Wow. Large fundraising goal. Why did you make it so high? Is there any way you could make a smaller goal?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • solfegetv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by solfegetv » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes, it's an ambitious goal, but it's going to be a big project to build the network. We are taking this very seriously - we wouldn't want to raise too little and not be able to get it off the ground. We would be crushed, and our backers would be disappointed. We can't change our goal now - we can only look up!

Full speed ahead. Music video forever.
    Our campaign is live! We're building SOLFEGE.TV, an online, independent music video network, and we need your help. Be part of this thing from the start:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957838710/solfegetv-a-new-music-video-network
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:56 am

hey solfegetv... maybe i missed it from the video or the content or the webpage, but who are you guys (other than maybe musicians)? i see a lot of faces in the video who seem like they are part of building the network, but i'm wondering if you guys are the right guys to build the new MTV. How much work has been done other than having the idea? How do viewers get the TV feed on their tablets or phone? apps or just on their browser? etc What are your backgrounds? What's the timeline for getting everything running? Why not just get a YouTube channel, and a website with news, forums or other ways to network, articles on featured artists, etc, and build up from there?
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!
  • solfegetv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by solfegetv » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for your question. My name is Parker Reilly, and I'm the founder of SOLFEGE TV. Under my name on the Kickstarter page you'll see a link to my bio, which will provide you relevant details about my music and entrepreneurial background. The question of whether I'm the right guy to build this thing is more interesting. Here's my answer: whoever has the inspiration to want to do it, and the tenacity to get it done, is the "right" guy. I've spent two years working on the model, content flow, etc. The young people in the video are the current cast of VJ's. We haven't written any code yet. Content will come via browser until such time as we have the resources to build apps. We don't want to be a YouTube channel because they would take money I want to channel directly to artists. Plus there's a lot of music and music video on YouTube already (though not in the form I'm proposing). I don't want to have the traditional added content—news, etc. That kind of thing is already well-represented on the Internet. I want to focus on music videos. And I want to focus on independents by not mixing them in with famous artists. We will be able to launch by January 1 if our Kickstarter is successfully funded.

P.S. Thanks again for the great question: the gist of it will be going into our Kickstarter FAQ section.
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey Parker.. yeah I did not check the bio earlier as I think it should be highlighted in the video. You have an extensive background. I think I would highlight some of the places that you have worked and maybe what you have done for each. You may even down play your musical background. Honestly, I think you launched it a little too early because I can't tell two years has been invested. Plus the following on Facebook and Twitter is low. You want to set up a new video network, but the website lists artists whose videos link to YouTube. I think you should've had the platform ready, where the musicians post their video to that platform. Maybe you could have more videos with one of the VJs hosting and introducing the artist as an example of the platform. I think the idea would be interesting to a musician that's starting out, but will it be interesting to your everyday backer? I think it could be interesting to a backer if they got more familiar with what the platform will be.
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!