Kickstarter Backer Error -- donation doesn't show
  • rmbelson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Backer Error -- donation doesn't show

by rmbelson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Helping a friend with her Kickstarter campaign, launched on 6/17. One backer (that we know of) has received confirmation from both Amazon and Kickstarter of his donation, but it doesn't show up on the backer list on the creator's dashboard, and my friend hasn't received a confirming email from Kickstarter of this donation, which was made on 6/18. We've initiated a support request, but is there anything else we can do? Anxiety is that there are others also not showing up. Here's the project link for anybody interested. Thanks for your help.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48 ... rash-tower

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Backer Error -- donation doesn't show

by sbriggman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Hmm... don't think there is much that you can do aside from submitting the support request unfortunately. You could try tweeting to the kickstarter twitter?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • rmbelson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rmbelson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:43 pm

We just heard from the backer (we've been trying to sort this out with him for 2 days). He used a pseudonym and forgot to tell us. Thanks for the help, because we may need your expertise along the way. We started out great guns -- the project was selected Staff Pick on the first day, and we've raised more than 1/2 of funding within 2 days -- all but 2 of 35 backers are family/friends. Slowed down now, though, so who knows whether we'll get our funding before the month is out. Again, this is a much needed resource. I wish Kickstarter would host its own user forum.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Wow. 1/2 in the first two days is an awesome start! Yea, I kinda wish they would too, but it would take a lot of energy to police it, so I figured I would set up an unofficial one.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.