Guardian Teams With Kickstarter for Journalism Crowdfunding
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Guardian Teams With Kickstarter for Journalism Crowdfunding

by sbriggman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Read the full article here: https://nonprofitquarterly.org/policyso ... nding.html

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter is collaborating with UK news enterprise The Guardian to highlight and amplify independent journalism projects trying to get off the ground. Kickstarter has created a new category on their site dedicated to crowdfunding journalistic efforts. Past journalism-focused efforts have not had an accurate category to be placed in, decreasing their potential reach to funders.

Pretty cool!

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ParisHeather
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Guardian Teams With Kickstarter for Journalism Crowdfund

by ParisHeather » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 am

As a journalist, I think this *could* be a great idea...except that I worry only celebrity news will ever get attention. That's why news organizations like NPR are publicly funded...those pledge drives are the original crowdfunding! :-)
    Advance copies of the second edition of the award-winning "Naughty Paris: A Lady's Guide to the Sexy City" are available through Kickstarter until July 8th! http://bit.ly/naughtyparis
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Guardian Teams With Kickstarter for Journalism Crowdfund

by sbriggman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:25 pm

@paris Very true! I hope that the journalism section will help more stories see the light of day on issues that people care about. I could see the reddit community rallying around particular stories that they want to see unearthed, similar to the way there were so many supporters of Wikileaks.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.