LeVar Burton Reinvents Reading Rainbow on Kickstarter
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

LeVar Burton Reinvents Reading Rainbow on Kickstarter

by therriaultk » Wed May 28, 2014 11:32 pm

LeVar Burton, known for his roles in Star Trek: The Next Generation and ROOTS, is launching a Kickstarter campaign to bring back something else he is known for - Reading Rainbow. With the $1M dollars that they intend to raise they plan on making Reading Rainbow available on the Internet so that children everywhere will have access to it (it is currently available on tablets). Another part of the funds will go towards bringing Reading Rainbow to schools, and offering services for free to disadvantaged ones. The team also has an awesome rewards system to interest a wide variety of backers: you can get Reading Rainbow merchandise, and subscriptions, buy Reading Rainbow for a classroom or school, as well as rewards specific to Star Trek and LeVar Burton! As of today they have raised $941,413 with 34 days left to go. On their Kickstarter page Burton shares his feelings about this campaign:

Over the past year, I have watched Kickstarter bring communities together to support artists and inventors. Again and again, I have been inspired by watching like-minded people team up to accomplish impossible dreams, and to change the world. Now, I am hoping you will join me on my mission: to bring Reading Rainbow back for every child, everywhere.

What do you guys think of this Kickstarter project?

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh/description

Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: LeVar Burton Reinvents Reading Rainbow on Kickstarter

by sbriggman » Thu May 29, 2014 3:32 pm

He hit is goal within 12 hours. Crazy. Now is at $1.7 mil
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.