Innovative Baby Product-48 HOURS to go!
  • cschwirz27
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Innovative Baby Product-48 HOURS to go!

by cschwirz27 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi everyone!

We're excited to say that we're 90% funded, with only 48 hours left in our campaign! If you have or know a squirmy baby, need a baby shower gift, or are a grandparent or guardian, then this product may peak your interest. Take a peak at our video and spread the word!

Thanks! :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... anging-pad

• artestes
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Innovative Baby Product-48 HOURS to go!

by artestes » Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

You are alost there - I'm sure you will make it. After all, the gods are behind ya. Larry
  • hellesteeth
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hellesteeth » Mon May 12, 2014 9:00 pm

WAY TO GO! Almost $4000! So glad for you that you reached your goal.

Can I ask if and what you did differently in the last week/few days to cause the spike?

Again, well done! And excellent product..as I wrestled with my baby this morning I was still sad you don't have international shipping!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201851521/teething-for-odin-viking-teething-toys-for-babies
  • cschwirz27
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cschwirz27 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate it! In terms of what we did differently in the last week,...we sent out one last round of personal emails, posted more updates through Kickstarter and Facebook, and made sure to emphasize that Kickstarter is an ALL OR NOTHING campaign. It occurred to us midway through that some people do not know this! Also, emphasized our rewards and that even $1 helps! We used Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs and forums throughout the three weeks, but honestly, our backers mostly came from Facebook and email contact.

AND we will be offering international shipping once we get going a little more! Look for us on Amazon and we will be launching a website in the next week or so.

Good luck!
  • hellesteeth
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hellesteeth » Mon May 12, 2014 9:57 pm

That's what I'm starting to realise with my project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... for-babies

I've been sending personal emails to individuals and blogs but the main winner has been facebook. There is a TON of interest, but little action! Everyone keeps saying 'Wow that's awesome! I'm going to buy one for my kid' and I'm sitting here thinking, well hurry up or you won't be able to! That's good advice, I'll re-do the end of my video and emphasise that.

Yay, happy to hear about international shipping!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201851521/teething-for-odin-viking-teething-toys-for-babies
  • cschwirz27
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cschwirz27 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:03 am

BTW, your campaign looks great! We ran into the same "problem" with people saying that our product was awesome, and then they didn't back! I think that a big part of the reason is that it doesn't occur to many people. They think that by sharing your link or spreading the word throughout their networks is helpful enough, which it is, but they need to pledge too!
    '
    It also depends on where you are in your campaign. Many projects have a "midway slump" (ours did too) where we got a lot of pledges in the beginning and end of our campaign period, but the middle was slow. You need to emphasize the urgency when you post updates, but not be annoying!

You have a product line that appeals to a very specific demographic (as does ours) so we have to campaign to a more targeted crowd. If you haven't done this yet, then I would also recommend finding mommy and baby groups on Facebook and messaging them directly or asking them if you can promote your campaign on their page. I got a few backers that way!

Never lose momentum-too many posts is better than long periods of silence during your campaign!