My Kickstarter campaign is canceled
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

My Kickstarter campaign is canceled

by owossoharpist » Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi, everybody. Just posting to give you the update on how my Kickstarter campaign is going. Sorry to say, I decided to cancel the campaign due to the fact that I've lost interest in crowdfunding and I want to get into something else that will help me fulfill my harp dreams that don't involve wasting a lot of money on buying advertisements for my campaign, which is what I've been doing for the post year. Buying advertisements for my crowdfunding campaigns that never succeeded to reach the funding goal. So I'm going to seek out a sponsorship for purchasing a concert grand harp and make a home made album and see how it works out.

When or if I do get into crowdfunding again. I'll be certain to do Kickstarter again-- only when I have a great fanbase built which will give me a much better chance of reaching KS and Indigogo goals.

Have a great weekend!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My Kickstarter campaign is canceled

by sbriggman » Fri May 09, 2014 6:24 pm

I think this is a good idea. I've watched you launch several campaigns and would have to agree that it's not a project that takes well to crowdfunding (aside from possibly person-to-person lending on a website like lendingclub or prosper).

I really think you should consider getting a few other people together to purchase your harp so that it's a shared instrument.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • benpow93
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by benpow93 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm losing the motivation on continuing my project as well. I'm from Singapore, quite a disappointment when I realized that kickstarter only accepts project from US, Canada, UK & Netherlands. Since I'm from asia, my only option was to post it up on Indiegogo instead. Instead of receiving some contributions for the first week, I received tonnes of private comments from marketing companies that claim to help my project bear fruit. It's a headache trying to figure out which is a reliable marketing service. If you had any positive experience with any marketing services, do let me know!

My project still has about 40 days to go which I doubt would make it to its funding goal. Oh well, lesson learnt anyway haha :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... 50162#home

do let me know your opinions about the wallet! Thanks!
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by owossoharpist » Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

I wasted hundreds of dollars buying a lot of advertisements that never brought in anything buy a tiny handful of backers and supporters who never gave me anything more than a few dollar bills -- not enough to fulfill any dreams or campaigns whatsoever. Heck! After my campaigns ended, I had to spent the next 3 months paying off credit card bills before I was able to close them all. This is one of the major reasons why I'm crowdfunding no more.
  • benpow93
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by benpow93 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear this from you. I guess we have to suffer some setback in order to learn what's right for us? At least you had given it a shot and know how it actually works out. Better to know the results than just speculating it right? I wish you all the best in your future endeavors though! Take this as the mud you have to struggle through in order to get to higher grounds in life. Cheers and all the best!