Wishful Lie (Horror Game) Would love feed back and support!
  • WishfulLie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Wishful Lie (Horror Game) Would love feed back and support!

by WishfulLie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 am

Man I wish I knew about this place earlier before I launched my campaign, unfortunately my focus on site searches were entirely on industry related sites; review sites, youtube channels and social media things. A site as obvious as this didnt even cross my mind! Well regardless, better now than never.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... ishful-lie

So my campaign is for a game, a horror game specifically. A small back story; almost 2 years ago when I was in my last term of school, I developed a demo game titled Forget Me Not Annie and without any promotion I got over 350k downloads and the game got reviews, fan videos and even Greenlit by Steam. However I was dealing with a lot of financial issues at the time, so once I've gotten out of that rut, I put it all on the line again for this campaign. Hoping the fan fair still existed. After a month or so of preparation, I launched it and its been a slow 3 days. Ive done all the prep work I can think of; a video, game play footage, art work, supporter videos, a development schedule and strategy and spoke with EVERY reviewer out there essentially cold calling them. As well as maintaining my social media outlets. OH! I even spoke with a bunch of other successful campaigns and asking them for feedbacks which I followed what I can.

So I am not too sure what else I can do, would you guys give me some feed back? or.. well even more awesome, help through sharing it.
    Anyways, would love to hear what you guys have to say and think! Let me know, cheers!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Wishful Lie (Horror Game) Would love feed back and suppo

by sbriggman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Man I wish I knew about this place earlier before I launched my campaign, unfortunately my focus on site searches were entirely on industry related sites; review sites, youtube channels and social media things. A site as obvious as this didnt even cross my mind! Well regardless, better now than never.

Yea, I'm working on spreading awareness for the forum. If you find it to be a helpful websites/community, be sure to let other creators know about it :).

So I am not too sure what else I can do, would you guys give me some feed back? or.. well even more awesome, help through sharing it. Anyways, would love to hear what you guys have to say and think! Let me know, cheers!

Admire your hustle and the active steps you've taken to research and cold call.

Have you been connecting with your old audience (people who downloaded the game that blew up)?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • WishfulLie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Wishful Lie (Horror Game) Would love feed back and suppo

by WishfulLie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Well our demo was stored on mediafire and the downloads were from there, and when it grew others linked it to their own sources. So there wasn't a way for me to contact them therefor the only people i have stayed in contact with are the youtube lets plays and those who chose to follow our facebook page.