Is Kickstarter not for dreams?
  • aaronnweyy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Is Kickstarter not for dreams?

by aaronnweyy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 am

Hey all, I am new to Kickstarter forum and have decided to take some advice here as I am finding it near impossible to get my project funded. Though I receive positive feedback from those who do want to come on this ride with me, I feel as though my project is lost. It's come to my attention that Kickstarter may only be for those things that are going to make each of our lives easier. My product does not really do that, but what happened to believing in entrepreneurs for more than just their product. I believe I have a solid idea. So solid I refuse to give up on it.

I am a college student with some loans and have been turned down by conventional loaning services and it just seems as if without capital I don't have the right to have the entrepreneurial mindset I've had forever.
    I know with adequate funding I could accomplish all that I am set out to do.

But enough about failure, I am still optimistic about my project. Just give it a look, for better or worse maybe some feedback will help me through this campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... stronaut-1

Luck&Favor
    Aaron Way

• sevarawillrise
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Is Kickstarter not for dreams?

by sevarawillrise » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi Aaron,

Your campaign is doable, you can reach your goal, but the thing to remember is that the 30 window of your campaign is not really your campaign, it is merely the money collection part of the campaign. It is the drive, the last push.

A Kickstarter campaign is a 1 year endeavor where you go have to put your idea together and then pitch it constantly, online and on the pavement. You need to build a following ahead of time and tell people "I'm doing a Kickstarter campaign in September". Your goal is to get 100 backers, which is all you'll really need, but you have to get the backers first before you launch your campaign. You will not get the backers during the campaign, you have to promote yourself and sell people on the idea before launch.

I checked out your campaign. You should cut your video time in half or more. A 1:30 video would be better, that starts off with you looking at the camera saying "Hi, I'm Aaron". You need to make a personal connection in the first 3 seconds. Then just talk with some images popping up, it doesn't have to be fancy, you can film it with your iphone.

Be optimistic, you can still reach your goal. You can still promote it all over the internet and hit $4,000. Good luck!
    I'm in the same boat with my project: http://kck.st/19VqpXX
  • aaronnweyy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aaronnweyy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks Damian, Being in the same boat, I'll pledge towards your project when I get a chance to make it to the bank. Hopefully we will both reach our goals. I have been torn about my video. On the one hand I really like every piece of it and feel that it all needs to be said and on the other hand I know it is a bit on the long side. During this last month I may make some crucial changes and try whatever I haven't. Being that this is a relaunch already I'm not sure that launching again is a route I would like to take. So for me this campaign is really my all or nothing as far as kickstarter goes.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm

"Your campaign is doable, you can reach your goal, but the thing to remember is that the 30 window of your campaign is not really your campaign, it is merely the money collection part of the campaign. It is the drive, the last push.

A Kickstarter campaign is a 1 year endeavor where you go have to put your idea together and then pitch it constantly, online and on the pavement." - So true!

"Though I receive positive feedback from those who do want to come on this ride with me, I feel as though my project is lost. It's come to my attention that Kickstarter may only be for those things that are going to make each of our lives easier. My product does not really do that, but what happened to believing in entrepreneurs for more than just their product."

Have you ever researched Daymond from sharktank? If not, might be worth looking into. I know he did several fashion/t-shirt startups before hitting it big.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • aaronnweyy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aaronnweyy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:23 am

Congrats on your project Damian, I just pledged toward your project. And Sal, do you mean research on his methods for his startups?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Research on how he went about making Fubu popular and how he started from nothing to become a huge name in the fashion business. I've always found reading about entrepreneurs in my category helpful in increasing the probability of success for new product launches :).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.