• HotRodHustle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hot Rod Hustle <The game you want to make>

by HotRodHustle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:12 am

• Build your dream Hot Rod!
    • Race your friends and win their cars!
    • Even race for real money!
    • Amazing 2D art combined with 3D graphics!
    • This is the MMORPG you have been waiting for!

JOIN US!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tyl ... rod-hustle

The Story
    Life used to be normal, but that all changed with the suspicious death of your big brother. He was one of the best street racers in town, making more enemies with each win. With no real evidence of foul play, there was no suspect in his death. After losing Dad last year, it's time for you to help Mom out. Your new job at the diner barely pays for gas. Every night you see the racers lining up outside the diner. With a fresh new license in hand, it's time to prove yourself, make money, and avenge your brother. Slowly you will work your way up the ranks, racing gangs and their leaders as you earn your spot at the top, and find out who is responsible for your brother's death! At any point in your journey you can challenge your friends to a race for fun, a wager of your choosing, or the pink slip to their car. Build up your rides and eventually you will be able to become the new king of the streets!

Part simulation racer, part RPG. Hot Rod Hustle uniquely combines an edgy comic book style 2D experience with a cutting edge 3D racing experience. Hot Rod Hustle is an MMO racing game where it's all about building your vehicle bolt by bolt, earning cash and proving yourself on the streets. This game will be cross-platform connecting Mac, PC, Android, Linux and iOS into one massive community. HRH gracefully combines both 2D and 3D game play to create a vast and endless world. HRH will have an extensive single-player aspect that will complement the multiplayer experience. You have the ability to earn money drag racing or take on a road race for a bigger reward. Race for money or race for pink slips! It's all about earning cash and bragging rights!

Why Kickstarter:
    This game originally started as a mobile only title drawing lightly from the game Street Rod for inspiration. As we started to work through it, it took on a life of its own. Before we knew it we had a massive story, world, and concepts that could be done justice only by reaching out to the community. We have thought about approaching a publisher or an outside investor, but we don't want them to jeopardize our specific vision for the project. So, long story short: Here we are!

When will it be done?
    That’s up to the success of this Kickstarter. If we are able to hire another programmer, we can get it into beta by summer 2014.

What platforms?
    Currently HRH is planned for Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, iOS and Android - Steam and DRM-free. PS4, Vita, Wii U, and OUYA are possibilities, but it will depend on if the stretch goals are met.
    Don’t worry: Players will have universal access to their profiles. No matter when and where you want to hit the streets of Hot Rod Hustle, you will have their garage at your fingertips.

More Information about Process:
    This game went into production about six months ago, but it has been in the planning phase for about a year. We have carefully selected the Unity game engine for its strengths and have focused most of our time on identifying and solving potential weaknesses as they apply to our game. In short, we have taken the time to design around potential challenges.

Developing such a large game breeds risk and experienced developers know delays are inevitable. In my opinion, it is the anticipation and quick management of those delays that makes the difference between an on time delivery or a disaster. I can tell you that I believe our team at Game Masons is more than capable of anticipating problems intelligently and delivering this game on time. As the project manager on HRH, I am confident I can be effective in identifying and dealing with any issues before they can cause any significant damage to our project or deadlines. However, if something unexpected should arise it will be dealt with and contained swiftly. Releasing this product fully realized and on time is THE top priority at Game Masons.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hot Rod Hustle <The game you want to make>

by sbriggman » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum! You have some cool graphics in your campaign. Have you been interacting on any MMO forums? Let me know if you have any questions about Kickstarter that I can help answer.

If you're interested, users on the forum have put together a few promos I've included below:
    - I Have $50 to Back Kickstarter Projects: i-have-50-to-back-kickstarter-projects-t1620.html
    - Will give Kickstarter feedback in exchange for feedback: will-give-kickstarter-feedback-in-exchange-for-feedback-t1621.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.