Hitchhiker’s Guide to Technology Kickstarters
  • solotko
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hitchhiker’s Guide to Technology Kickstarters

by solotko » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 am

While many of these lessons have been captured by the participants in this forum, I wanted to post my BSN interview here for feedback and discussion.

There are a number of real challenges that I do not fully address, but I tried to lay out my current POV having driven some larger technology Kickstarters.

Glad to talk to anyone about it, Best, Simon.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2014/1/23/the-hitchhikere28099s-guide-to-the-technology-kickstarter-with-simon-solotko.aspx

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hitchhiker’s Guide to Technology Kickstarters

by sbriggman » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:21 pm

"Make sure your prototypes clearly demonstrate you either have a breakthrough innovation or that you have what it takes to deliver. " - Great point.

"Ugly protoypes that don’t change the game or solve an unsolved problem create problems for your campaign" - Also like this. Creating a project is not about you (the creator), especially in the technology category. It's about your backers. What problem are you solving in the world and how are you doing it better than others?

"Email Addresses" and "Email Addresses" - This is what inspired J.A. and I to start PitchFuse.com. With giveaways and a pre-launch page, creators can begin to build their email list before launching.

"Show the world what your project will do for them. With crystal clarity show them the ways they can use your technology innovation to do awesome things for them in realistic use cases. They should look at your page and think, this is awesome, and I can imagine exactly what I am going to do with it. " - Love this.

This interview has some great info. Thanks for letting me know about it. Think I will write about it on CrowdCrux or at the least tweet it out.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • solotko
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by solotko » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks Sal, there are many angles to take and certainly more to share. I could talk for hours just about backer incentives.

Feel free to reach out, anyone, to @solotko on Twitter.

Best, Simon
  • shutitandroid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shutitandroid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks for the info!
  • KSaddict
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KSaddict » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:25 am

Simon,

Thank you for sharing this interview. I hope I read it before I launched my project. I can see some things I should have done differently.

Although I was interested in projects and backed up quite a bit, I underestimated the power of community. I now hope to restore momentum and get my project funded.

Vlad
    Travel wallet campaign http://kck.st/1iBxkW7