4 Simple Tips To Get the Most Out of This Forum
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

4 Simple Tips To Get the Most Out of This Forum

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am

Thanks for participating on the forum! I've included a few simple tips to get the most out of this website :).

1. Upload an avatar and specify the city (or state) where you are located. You never know when you could meet someone in your area! Also, I've noticed posts with avatars tend to get better reception. Don't forget to include your Kickstarter link in your forum signature.

2. Give feedback before you ask for feedback. Similarly, share some helpful resources or advice that you've come across while preparing for your campaign or running it.

3. Consider doing a promotion. There are a few going on now. Examples include (I'll back your campaign if you back mine, I'll provide feedback on your campaign if you provide feedback on mine, I'll follow you on twitter if....etc). Usually, I will only have max 3 as *sticky* posts in a forum section, but I'm still willing to help drive traffic to these kinds of posts regardless.

4. Build relationships that continue after Kickstarter. As a result of being on this forum, I've formed some awesome relationships with people! I look forward to helping them with their crowdfunding and non-crowdfunding endeavors. If you're not willing to put your email address out there, invite people to private message you.

Just a reminder: Once you hit 20 posts, you get a "senior member" badge. When you hit 100 posts, you get a "veteran member" badge. If you're successful on Kickstarter, you get a cool "kickstarted success" badge I made :D. I think I'm going to be providing some cool opportunities for people in these groups in the future and get more involved with helping out their businesses (after Kickstarter).

Sal

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.