Rewards
  • Jodie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Rewards

by Jodie » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've learned a ton reading the forum Thank you!

In about a month I plan to launch a campaign for a Quilt Shop Cuckoo Clock, http://itsarubberduckieworld.com/diary-of-a-cuckoo-clock-designer/ the real thing, made in Germany. I was there shooting a TV show and developed it with the carver at the factory. About five years ago I imported and sold 125 of them. People have been asking when they can get one, so I figured Kickstarter would be a good route to take.

I don't have absolute final pricing, but it'll be about $380, plus shipping. My questions is, should I add other rewards? I've seen campaigns for high dollar items take both routes.

The $1 reward is a no-brainer. I have pledged $1 for campaigns I believed in but didn't necessarily want or have a use for the product.

In addition, I could do a few others such as a set of 5 handmade greeting cards for say $20 and one of my Quilting Rubber Duckies http://itsarubberduckieworld.com/the-diary-of-a-rubber-duckie-designer/for $15.

Also, I could start out with just the clock and add other rewards during the campaign to spice things up.

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

Jodie

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Rewards

by VaporStarter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 am

Hi Jodie,

I'm a fan of making reward tiers that makes sense. If it only makes sense to have one, then go for it.. however it does sound like multiple tiers might make sense for your project. I do think it's a good idea to have lower cost options for people who like what you're doing but aren't willing/able to pay out $380+shipping.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:00 am

What about prints of the mock up you have on the website you shared? It could be a nice lower priced tier? Maybe sign them? Or have them made as a notecard. Or have an artist render them and make prints?
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Yes, I definitely like the idea of more rewards than just the clock. Is there anyway you could offer backers to have some kind of say in the design of the clock or the lower tier rewards?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Jodie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Jodie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Prints:
    I make handmade scrapbook cards using my rubber duck designs, so I thought I could do the same with the cuckoo clock. With the inside saying being, "I'm cuckoo for quilting!" Not one that I'd send them, signed, but a set they could use as greeting cards. In fact though, I could offer rubber duckie ones too as a separate reward.

Backer Input:
    Totally get what you mean. Make a reward customizable. I don't know how to do this afterwards or in production, but beforehand we can change the quilts on the clock. They are small, up by the cuckoo. I was thinking of running a contest during the campaign so people could submit and then choose by popular vote the two designs that are used on the final clock. I could give a set of some of my books and a Quilting Rubber Duckie as a prize for the winners.

Thanks for all of this!

Jodie
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 am

Jodie,
    Kickstarter is like your quirky aunt--they do not allow any type of contests on the site. I got creative and offered a pledge contest off site.

I could be wrong, but maybe one of the owners, Sal or Vaportstarter, of the new site Pitchfuse.com could explain how the giveaway and contest portion of their new site works.

This would be so awesome for the crowdfunding community, a well run contest ran in the middle of a campaign could help a project out of the mid-campaign trough.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • Jodie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Jodie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:55 am

Not to worry. I was going to do it via Facebook.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 am

Perfection!!