HALP! I Need Your.....ermmmm......Help!!
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

HALP! I Need Your.....ermmmm......Help!!

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:26 am

The campaign was funded early on--of course I am grateful!!--also I had a pledge come in last night that was 10% of my total funded so far.....wait for the but......

......BUT

I have a dream goal. I have a total that I have not shared with anybody other then Danielle. I am weary to share this on this public forum--I don't want to seem greedy. I am not, I realize if it were not for the free info I mined on Sal's platforms and the unbelievable work Vaporstarter did for free, my project never would have been funded second round.

But there is the but....

I am 2k away from being able to purchase a laptop and Epson 3880. The printer would allow me to print all of my work from home, it would allow me complete creative control. Unless I never slept, I could not in house the prints that my backers will receive from this campaign. I am trying to be an indie artist and I also want to experiment with printing on watercolor paper. One backer pledged $300 for me to ink on top of the first 16x20 proof I had made that came out hazy.

This led to a new way for me to stand out from the crowd. I want to explore print "embellishing" and since some of my work is black and white, see what happens when I add color here or there.

And since most places charge 20-30 for a 16x20 giclee print on fine art paper--it is too expensive for me to just play around with.

The fantasy art world is very small. I have emailed artists and blogs, all to no avail. One person who seems to be "in" the industry responded to me--but that was only because he is having a micro art booth at a convention....

.....and a series of framed micro art originals is what I have planned for my next project in April.
    I am not sure if he would have ignored me like the rest if we did not have something in common.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could reachart blogs? There doesn't seem to be much as far as guides for artist with crowd funding campaigns. It is mostly movies, books, games and product/tech design....

Any suggestions would help me tremendously!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com