US cop makes joke about death of Indian girl who got killed in road accident, Seattle police saying woman killed had 'li
    SsCoobyDoO
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

US cop makes joke about death of Indian girl who got killed in road accident, Seattle police saying woman killed had 'li

by SsCoobyDoO » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:54 pm

US cop makes joke about death of Indian girl who got killed in road accident, Seattle police saying woman killed had 'limited value' ​
    13 Sep 2023, 02:43 PM
    Seattle police officer Daniel Auderer mocked the death of an Indian girl who was killed by his colleague in a road accident.​
    US cops caugh making fun of death of Indian students, probe begins (HT_PRINT)

US cops caugh making fun of death of Indian students, probe begins (HT_PRINT)

A shocking video of a US policeman is out in which he was caught laughing and making jokes about a young Indian woman who was killed by his colleague Officer Kevin Dave on 23 January this year.

According to a report by the New York Post, Seattle police officer Officer Daniel Auderer was heard discussing the investigation into the wreck involving 23-year-old grad student Jaahnavi Kandula, who was struck and killed by Dave.

He said, "She is dead", and then burst into laughter. Toward the end of the video, Auderer was heard saying, "Yeah, just write a check. Eleven thousand dollars. She was 26 anyway".

Further, he was also heard saying that he did not believe a criminal investigation was being conducted.

Auderer, who serves as the Seattle Police Guild’s vice president said, "I mean, he was going 50 mph. That’s not out of control. That’s not reckless for a trained driver".

But a release in June revealed Dave was actually driving 74 mph in a 25-mph zone while responding to a different “high-priority" call.

Footage from Dave’s bodycam reveals, he tried to slow down the car before striking Kandula at the fateful intersection.

Dave had chirped his siren but did not have it running continuously, as he plowed into the Indian girl, the New York Post reported.

Kandula was doing a master's at Northeastern University’s Seattle campus. She was due to graduate in December.

The video of the shocking phone call that came a day after the deadly collision was also uploaded to the Seattle Police Department’s YouTube page.

The department, which released the video “in the interest of transparency," said it will not comment on the matter until the Office of Police Accountability concludes its investigation into the incident.

• MarissaMcconnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: US cop makes joke about death of Indian girl who got killed in road accident, Seattle police saying woman killed had

by MarissaMcconnell » Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:21 am

This is the true value of Indians in American cops mind, US cozies up to India just for countering China, nothing else. US only believes that India can be used as a pawn to counter China.
  • JasonMills
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: US cop makes joke about death of Indian girl who got killed in road accident, Seattle police saying woman killed had

by JasonMills » Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:23 am

Even though it's been a while, it really hit home for me, especially since I'm dealing with a recent loss in my family. Hearing about someone making jokes about death just adds to the pain. It’s hard enough to go through grief without having to face such disrespect.
    Right now, I’m trying to find ways to honor my loved one's memory, and one thing that's been on my mind is finding a good place to get Cemetery Stones near me. It’s a small thing, but it’s helping me feel like I’m doing something meaningful, even in the midst of all this.
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:31 am

This is deeply heartbreaking and infuriating. A young woman lost her life in a tragic accident, and to hear that her death was mocked by someone who should be upholding respect and empathy is beyond disturbing. Jaahnavi Kandula was a promising student, and her life had immense value—no matter her age, background, or any other factors. The comments made by the officer reflect a lack of basic human decency, and it's crucial that there is accountability for such behavior.