False start... what to do ?
  • CGAph
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

False start... what to do ?

by CGAph » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:52 am

hi all,

This is my first kickstarter. I think I avoided a lot of pitfalls and prepared a nice project (for the target: ttrpg, rpg, dnd...)
    But the start has been slowed down!
    1 - More than two thirds of subscribers to my newsletter via my backerkit prelaunch landing page have not even opened the launch email...
    2 - There was a flaw in my beautiful project

Now I've updated the project to fix the flaw and relaunched a newsletter for those who hadn't opened the email. But 6 days passed...

I have no way to reactivate those who had registered on the kickstarter page before the campaign...

Do you have any suggestions for a second start? Do you think that the false start cannot be made up for? (If I understood correctly, the first days are crucial)

Here is the link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ce ... -mage-ring

Thanks in advance

• jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: False start... what to do ?

by jassiet.ross » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:00 pm

First off, it sounds like you’ve put in a lot of effort to prepare your project, and it’s great that you’ve identified and fixed the issues. A false start can definitely be challenging, but it’s not the end of the road. Here are a few suggestions to help you recover and boost your campaign:

Re-engage Your Existing Backers: Since you’ve updated your project and relaunched the newsletter, make sure to follow up with those who haven’t opened the previous emails. Consider offering an exclusive update or a small incentive for them to re-engage.

Leverage Social Media: Share updates and news about your project on all your social media platforms. Engage with relevant communities and forums related to TTRPG, RPG, and D&D. This can help you reach potential backers who might have missed your initial launch.

Collaborate with Influencers: Reach out to influencers or popular figures in the TTRPG community who might be willing to review or promote your project. A mention from a trusted source can drive traffic to your Kickstarter page.

Optimize Your Kickstarter Page: Make sure your Kickstarter page is as compelling as possible. Highlight the improvements you’ve made, and perhaps include a video update explaining the changes. Clarity and enthusiasm can make a big difference.

Consider Paid Promotion: If your budget allows, consider using paid advertising on platforms like Facebook or Instagram to target potential backers. This can help you reach a wider audience and regain momentum.

Engage with Your Backers: Keep the communication lines open with those who have backed or shown interest in your project. Regular updates and interaction can keep your audience engaged and encourage them to spread the word.

Analyze and Adjust: Review your campaign data to see what’s working and what’s not. Adjust your strategies based on the feedback and performance metrics.

Remember, many successful Kickstarter projects have had rocky starts. With persistent effort and a strategic approach, you can turn things around and achieve your goals. Good luck!