RIP Torrentz
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

RIP Torrentz

by teslastar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:31 pm

Torrentz.eu, was the most used website for searching torrents has abruptly shut down. Torrentz.eu was the biggest meta-search engine of Internet for torrents and the most wanted website for people to download their favorite movies and TV series which could not be accessed through legal means. For flouting privacy laws, the creator has been arrested. Really not sure if other torrent websites will shut down their operations because of apprehensions of police arrest.

ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: RIP Torrentz

by ECarr1991 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:42 pm

I use pirate bay torrent a lot too. It's a good "I can't find it anywhere else" resource. For movies anyway, I haven't used it for anything else. They have a lot of russian dubs with seeders, which also almost always have the original english audio tracks in them. So I'll download those and run them through mkvtoolnix to strip out the audio/subs.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:40 am

VPNs for me are very essential in the use of applications and new pages that I cannot access in my country, that is why I am very attentive to each new VPN that comes out and is on the market and try each one to recommend and make use of it
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:05 am

It’s definitely a blow to the torrenting community. Torrentz.eu was a huge part of how many people accessed content, and its shutdown leaves a big gap. It’s also a reminder of the risks associated with torrenting, especially with privacy and legal issues. Hopefully, users will explore legal alternatives and stay informed about the implications of their online activities. It’ll be interesting to see if other torrent sites face similar challenges or if new solutions emerge in response.