Something about torrent sites
    raymodart
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Something about torrent sites

by raymodart » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 am

Firstly, I would argue that it is important to assess the quality of a torrent site by its Alexa rank.

Obviously, the lower the Alexa rank, more people visit the site but I would say that this metric can be misleading as it does not take into account user-experience and another facts like:

how many ads you need to get through just to torrent?
    how does the site interact with the user?
    are the torrents there safe or verified?

etc …

Secondly, there are now many interesting torrent sites that might not be so “popular” yet compared to the big guns like TPB, KAT or 1337x but they provide a really nice and smooth interface with some cool features that you would not usually expect in a torrent site, these are:

P2P Guru
    - no ads
    - no registration required
    - clean user experience with many user features and quality index of every torrent
    - complete information and ratings for every movie
    - users can add missing torrents and links for a reward back

• JessicaMarshall
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Something about torrent sites

by JessicaMarshall » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:08 am

You're right. Alexa rank does work that way but I think pirate bay is in an undeserved place. I saw that recently this torrent was only at 298th place but I disagree. Seriously. This torrent still fulfills a lot of people's dreams of having unlimited access to all the movies and shows that are on the internet or even on netflix. Such a great streaming platform is very expensive but pirate bay is a life saver for internet users like me. Especially for hidden figures pirate bay revealed
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Something about torrent sites

by serenity007 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:41 am

The best client, in my opinion, is Flylink DC++
    download speed more torrents, because directly from users' computers, although for torrents there is a similar option (DHT mode), but in this case the traffic is not counted in your ranking, because it goes besides the tracker.