Is it safe to chat in Messenger?
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Is it safe to chat in Messenger?

by teslastar » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:10 pm

NO. Unless you are using Secret Conversations (explained below), your messages on Facebook Messenger are not private. Messages that are sent through the Facebook Messenger app are NOT end-to-end encrypted. This means that any message you send on Messenger could be seen or intercepted in plain text.

• JessicaMarshall
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Is it safe to chat in Messenger?

by JessicaMarshall » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:07 am

Maybe in Berlin and London but that doesn't represent the whole country nor the EU. I'm living in a smaller city of germany and here the so called 'free' wifi is almost always connected to a t-mobile hotspot thing, that means you have to pay for your 'free' wifi. And even if it is not one of those hotspots, you have to login via some portal to have a internet connection, that usually means that you have to pay like 1-5 Euro or so to use the internet. Although the situation got better in the last years. But it is still a matter of luck to have real free wifi. For me gb whatsapp is better for my purposes.
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by serenity007 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm

I am fairly loose on definition of popular. Though if I might expect to see requests for "follow me on" (twitter, instagram, VK, facebook, minds, gab, parler, tiktok, locals looks more like a forum but maybe, reddit might be afflicted by many of the woes of others but also could be a thing, pinterest, periscope, linkedin, snapchat, whatsapp) or see adverts on TV or radio (was wandering past a radio and heard tiktok advert) then yeah.
  • David Reed
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by David Reed » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 am

Unlike all other parental control apps, EyeZy is not bloated with unnecessary features. It simply follows the basic rules of parental control and has more than enough features, including Facebook parental controls.

With EyeZy, you can block malicious websites, control app usage, set time limits on usage, etc. The app is quite simple to set up and it is completely free to use.