Hyundai is going bankrupt?
    dangarang
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Hyundai is going bankrupt?

by dangarang » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. For earlier I apologize for the large text and my English)

Part 1. The beginning of history.

I used the official Hyundai car rental program (hyundai mobility) in Russia and rented a tucson for a year. Under the terms of the contract, I was supposed to be provided with a seasonal tire change. In mid-November, I contacted hyundai for this service, I was redirected to an official dealer who should service my car.

Part 2. Strange service.

Turning to an official dealer, I received an answer that my tires have not yet arrived at them and they will call me back in three days. Not after 3 days, not after a week, no one called me. I’ll say before, all subsequent calls were answered lonely, there are no tires, we will call you back. Meanwhile, it was getting colder outside and the temperature began to drop to 0. Surprised by this state of affairs, I called the Hyundai hotline again. Dialogue summary:
    me: The official dealer says that hyndai did not provide them with tires for my car, they do not know anything about the delivery time and promise to call me back. Can you tell me at least an approximate date and why this situation happened?
    hyundai: No, we do not know why this happened, we cannot name the delivery time, call the dealer.
    me: Can I now drive a car with summer tires?
    hyundai: I cannot answer this question
    me: Do you acknowledge that by not providing winter tires you are not fulfilling the terms of the contract?
    hyundai: I cannot answer this question
    The result of the conversation: I asked Hyundai to sort out the situation itself, contact the dealer and tell me the time when they can replace my tires. A few days later, the dealer called me and said that they had not received tires and they would call me back on December 20.

Part 3. What's going on?

What's going on?
    On December 20, of course, no one called me. Today, on December 23, I called the official dealer again (od):
    me: Did you get my tires?
    od: Yes, we got them, they are in our warehouse, but we cannot deliver them to you because Hyundai has a debt to us and did not pay for the previous services!
    Then I called Hyundai, they were not surprised at my questions about this, they said they could not explain anything and would ask the dealer when he could replace my tires ...
    ----------------------------------
    When the story continues, I will definitely write.
    ----------------------------------

This is my first experience with Hyundai. There are several questions for the owners of cars of this brand:
    1. Is Hyundai in serious financial trouble?
    2. If not, I would like to know if this is such a service of a company all over the world or individual peculiarities of doing business in Russia?
    3. Perhaps the company's management is not aware of what is happening with them, is it possible to somehow contact them?
    4. Has anyone encountered a similar service?

• RebeccaKerr
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Hyundai is going bankrupt?

by RebeccaKerr » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 am

I don't think that Hyundai is going bankrupt. All car companies(even the most popular ones) face troubles during the COVID-19 crisis and still have a long road recovering from this crisis. And this is fair because who will need a car when you are under global lockdown? I think Hyundai hired a good insolvency company to solve financial problems. My small business was not an exception, and I was pretty close to bankruptcy, but approaching solved my problems. Now my business is in the recovery process.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hyundai is going bankrupt?

by Cristina » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman