Help with a crossword puzzle
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Help with a crossword puzzle

by DianaGibson90oXM » Mon May 03, 2021 7:55 am

I've got problems with a crossword puzzle (yes, it's in Norwegian, but you might still be able to help me).

Que is "Gjennomtrekk", which can be translated to "draught" or "turnover". And the only solution I can find is "agil", which doesn't make much sense. "Agil" translates as far as I know only into "agile" in English. I can't find any examples in Norwegian where that word is used as a synonym for "draught"/"turnover". Besides, "agil" ("agile") is an adjective, while the word I'm looking for must be a noun.

However, sometimes crosswords like words very rarely used in Norwegian, and quite often those words come from a foreign language.

So my questions is: In the language you speak, are there any examples where "agile" or "agil" or something similar can be a synonyme for "turnover" or "draught"?

pibbur who at the moment is not very agile.

Xanxan
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Help with a crossword puzzle

by Xanxan » Wed May 12, 2021 6:57 pm

You got me here haha. I can’t understand a word in this language. In my opinion, Norwegian is one of the most difficult languages, besides Dutch and Swedish. I am always so impressed with people who know so many languages. I think this really shows determination and character strength in a way. Personally, I love doing puzzles, solving riddles, and striking a game of Scrabble from time to time. A nice trick to win these games is to look up online different word generator platforms such as https://lettersolver.com/4-letter-words-ending-in-q/ which quickly gives you a comprehensive overview of multiple words. You can also adjust your word preferences such as words starting with the letter s. It’s so convenient.