The BloodStone Chronicles: Purgatory (Kickstarter project)
  • Vhoffman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The BloodStone Chronicles: Purgatory (Kickstarter project)

by Vhoffman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Val and I'm new here. I just launched a campaign on Kickstarter to self-publish my first novel.

Let me tell you a little bit about my project.

The year is 2554. Vampires rule the earth. Can the love of one human girl inspire the vampire who once killed her to change the world?

The BloodStone Chronicles is a series of twelve novels, four trilogies, taking place over five centuries and recounts the downfall of the world as we know it.

Purgatory begins in the year 2554. Vampires rule the world. Humans are slaves. After a massive worldwide biological terrorist attack in the early twenty-first century, humans ceded control to Vampires, who had come out of the dark several years earlier with the release of BloodStone.

Derived from vampire blood, BloodStone, a blood cleansing drug that was originally created as a cure for AIDS, was the world’s only hope of fighting off the biological attack.

The Vampire Council, led by Matthias, the oldest vampire in existence, brought swift and fierce justice to those terrorists responsible, earning the unconditional gratitude of the human race.

That was the beginning of the end.

To find out more, please go to my Kickstarter page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1356896451/the-bloodstone-chronicles-purgatory

I have some great rewards from eBooks to signed trade paperback copies to limited edition hardcover copies of Purgatory as well as the next two books in the series - Hell and Heaven.

Thank you in advance for checking out my project and for any and all support you can offer. Please pass it on to your family and friends. No amount is too small.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The BloodStone Chronicles: Purgatory (Kickstarter projec

by sbriggman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:45 am

Cool storyline. How's the project going so far? Out of curiosity, why did you choose Kickstarter as opposed to a smaller platform like Pubslush?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Vhoffman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Vhoffman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for the kind words. I've raised amost 9% in the first 6 days. I'm working on a press release to submit to your crowdfundingpr.com to try to get some momentum going. The book is 95% complete and should be in the editor's hands by Christmas.

I've never heard of Pubslush but I will check it out. If Kickstarter is not successful for me I will most likely try another crowdfunding outlet. Thanks for the referral.

I'm new to this and learning as I go so any advice is welcome and much appreciated.

sbriggman wrote:Cool storyline. How's the project going so far? Out of curiosity, why did you choose Kickstarter as opposed to a smaller platform like Pubslush?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Be sure to keep us updated on your progress and any tools/websites you find to be helpful.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.