How Do I Advertise My Project?
  • LiteraryBelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How Do I Advertise My Project?

by LiteraryBelle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Guys!

Apart from social networking, which I am already aware of, what are some of the best ways to advertise my Kickstarter project? Which ways have worked best for you? Please share!

My project is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/184 ... ?ref=email

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How Do I Advertise My Project?

by sbriggman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey! I put together an article a few weeks ago from creators on the forum that have successfully raised money. They talk about some of the marketing tips they found to be successful: http://www.crowdcrux.com/kickstarter-cr ... -campaign/

I'll include one snippet from that article (Planet Defiant raised $32,000+): "We aren’t a big box company, we’re two guys who work 9 to 5 and are trying to make our dream come true. We did our best to build a community. We had the website built, we had all of our social media pages made and we told everyone we knew. But, even then we live in a small county of less than 100,000 people (Note: I said county not city. ) the city we live in has less than 15,000 people. So if you think that we know about 1% of the people, that’s about 1,000 person out reach.

Then we messaged everyone under the sun about ad sponsorships, interviews, plugs, or whatever else we could get. Out of the hundreds of people we sent messages out to, two places posted about us and a couple Facebook pages dropped our name. After that we decided we NEEDED ad space. We have spent close to $800.

It seems like our effort is going well. For being a company that doesn’t have a much of a following (at all) and a completely unknown project we are managing to stay around a 7% conversion rate and have raised almost $15,000 in less than four days! I think that’s pretty good.

However it is more than a full time job. Between the two of us it is pretty hard to cover everything going on especially after an eight hour workday. We are essentially pulling 18 to 20 hour days just to keep up with good updates, planned videos, advertising and communication, and replying to comments/messages.

Anyway, my biggest advice would be find the biggest social websites surrounding your market, for us there is Kicktraq (which is huge for boardgames, even though you’d think it would be good for all Kickstarter projects), BoardGameGeek.com, ReaperMinis, and Tabletop Gaming News, not to mention a slew of other forums to post on. Even if your project doesn’t get picked up by the people that look at it, their footprint increases your traffic volume which bumps you up on the most popular list. In two days we made $8,5000, but once we broke the top ten most popular on Kickstarter’s Tabletop section, we blew up to $13,000 by the end of our third day."
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.