Dealing with the Slumps
  • davemetcalfecarr
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Dealing with the Slumps

by davemetcalfecarr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi all

I'm a week into my first campaign and seem to have hit a slump. I have thrown my marketting skills into the promotion through various sites and groups, trying to balance promotion and spamming

However, I seem to have hit a slump in pledges. In the irst couple of days I had pledges coming in, the last couple of days I've had 2 pledges and am stuck at 41%

My question here is gow do you deal with the slumps? I have tried other groups other than the comics groups related to the subject matter, but a lot of these are locked groups who dont share crowdfunding even pitched as preorders.

I know it's normal to have a slump and only 30% of campaigns get funded but how do you deal with this and get funded?

best

Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... on-stories

• redfoxplayingcards
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Dealing with the Slumps

by redfoxplayingcards » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 am

Sorry to hear about the slump, it can be disheartening. If you look at most kickstarters, they always seem to start off a lot better than they end. I've had a very successful campaign that was funded in less than 12 hours yet during the 30-day campaign I might have had 1 or 2 negative days where the people that dropped their pledges outweighed the ones that were joining, just a fact of Kickstarter. My best advice is to keep grinding and trying to get the word out. If it doesn't work out you can re-group and hopefully the next time you can bring your current supporters along to help out. Good luck!