Implementation Help For Novice
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Implementation Help For Novice

by Blowmberg » Sat May 23, 2020 6:17 pm

I apologize in advance, this is another" new to programming, where to start " thread. I'm going to look at the stuck topics, but I thought I would post what I would like to do specifically, and hope to get some ideas on where/how to start.

Where I work, the current system is very inefficient. There is a lot of manual input, which takes a lot of time and increases the risk of errors.

The e-Commerce site runs on Magento. There is no inventory management, so customers can place orders regardless of whether the product is in stock. As soon as we receive an order, the information is taken and placed in a document to create a packing list, and then printed.

Some of the orders we receive are processed through Amazon because it's cheaper. Therefore, in this case, the information is taken and then entered on the Amazon site for processing.

I want to try to automate a lot of this, as well as track inventory, both in our location and in an Amazon warehouse. I don't know if this is possible with Magento or if I should look at other options.

Any help will be appreciated.

• MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Implementation Help For Novice

by MrOsborne » Sat May 23, 2020 7:25 pm

I also need advice, is here anyone who will be able to help me?
  • alexcool2020
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by alexcool2020 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:27 pm

I hope everything went ok, you should have just used a nice site or guide(describing magento) in order to deal with all these difficulties... When I was trying to install Magento 2 it was really hard for me to cope with. However, I surfed the internet in searchings for special guides or article helping to figure it all out. The best for me was the guide describing how to install magento xampp(with its help). There is written everything step by step, so I didn't have any difficulties with it!
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Mon May 25, 2020 11:22 am

alexcool2020 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:27 pm I hope everything went ok, you should have just used a nice site or guide(describing magento) in order to deal with all these difficulties... When I was trying to install Magento 2 it was really hard for me to cope with. However, I surfed the internet in searchings for special guides or article helping to figure it all out. The best for me was the guide describing how to install magento xampp(with its help). There is written everything step by step, so I didn't have any difficulties with it!
    I wish someone else could send me his opinion