Kickstarter Category Question
  • Mwilliams
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarter Category Question

by Mwilliams » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 am

Without doing to much research on this I wanted to reach out to this forum and ask first.

On Kickstarter when you click a category there is always a featured project, then there tends to be the "New & Noteworthy" category. Sometimes there is also a "Popular" and "Almost There" category you can search as well, it seems that these two categories come and go at random.

Does anyone know how or why this is? I was hoping to be put in the "Almost There" category for my own project when I reached the mid 80% range in funding, it has not happened however. I'm not mad or anything obviously, just curious if there is a reasoning behind how these disappearing categories operate. I've seen projects as low as 75% in the "Almost There" category,

Anyone have any idea? Has anyone else ever wondered this same thing, or am I alone on this? As of now i'm thinking these disappearing categories kinda work in a way similar to when projects get the Kickstarter love this project badge. The few google searches I have done have led to no information on the topic.

Thanks yall. Hope to hear from some of you.

Don't Get Drunk was funded on Kickstarter and is available for preorder at CrowdOx ---> https://app.crowdox.com/projects/854354559/dont-get-drunk-the-ultimate-party-game