Greetings from Civil Unrest!!!
  • rjtomlinson1977
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Greetings from Civil Unrest!!!

by rjtomlinson1977 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Greetings everyone!!! I'm new to the forum. I'm a freelance graphic designer who is currently trying to fund Civil Unrest, a custom deck of Bicycle Playing cards. This deck will be the first of a three part series and will be based on the American Civil War. The next two decks will be Global Unrest based WWII and then Colonial Unrest based on the American Revolutionary War. Please check out Civil Unrest at: http://kck.st/1gfY1Cl

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Greetings from Civil Unrest!!!

by sbriggman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Great artwork and congrats on almost reaching your fundraising goal. Why did you decide to fundraise for 17 days?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • rjtomlinson1977
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rjtomlinson1977 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:26 am

I listed it for 17 days because this is my second attempt. My first attempt didn't reach funding. After that I asked my backers and people on card collecting forums what needed to be done to make it better. So, I made some changes and decided if it was going to make it... it would do so within two weeks. I added a few days so it would end on Halloween night just fo the heck of it.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm

That's a cool story. I see you still have 7 days left. If you want to write up what went wrong with your first campaign and how you fixed it, I'd be happy to publish your article on CrowdCrux or CrowdfundingPr.org and market it to hopefully get you some more pledges.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • rjtomlinson1977
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rjtomlinson1977 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:28 am

Here's a little write up abou the re-launch:

Proof that Good Projects Don’t Die

Walt Disney once said, “All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
    These words are something that I clung to when I re-launched my Kickstarter campaign, Civil Unrest. Just because I had a failed project doesn’t mean I had a project that deserved to die. In fact, Walt Disney himself failed many times before finding success. Most of his classic feature animated movies were deemed failures when they first came out. Movie such as Bambi, Pinocchio and Fantasia only became commercially successful after they re-launched.
    Civil Unrest is a project designed to honor the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War with a custom deck of playing cards. I originally launched early in September with an end date of October 12th. The first two weeks of the campaign saw a lot of backers while the second two weeks fell short of expectations. There came a point when I knew it wasn’t going to make it and I decided to go to the card collecting forums to see if I should cancel the project or let the project fail. I also asked many of my backers what they would like to see done to improve the project.
    With the feedback from my backers, I changed a few issues that people had with the design and I made my goal more practical. To me that’s a great feature of Kickstarter, you can gage what people want before investing all the time and effort into creating something that doesn’t sell.
    When I re-launched I decided I would give it two weeks opposed to four, because I felt if it was going to succeed it would do so within that time frame. Luckily, within the first week we reached our goal and we still have a week left before the project ends.
    I encourage all to come and visit my project, proof that good projects never die.
    http://kck.st/1gfY1Cl