How many updates?
  • drlouisechughes
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

How many updates?

by drlouisechughes » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:50 am

I just posted this on the Kicksnarker community and thought I would pose the question on here also.

I am in the process of fulfilling my kickstarter project and am very excited about what is going on, which means I want to share this with my backers. However, I am aware of update overload and I don't want to irritate my backers. How many updates would you consider too many?

Currently, I think I update about once or twice a week on Kickstarter (the project is moving very quickly and we should meet all deadlines) and I post informal updates on my social networks also.

Thoughts?

Funded!!! Electron microscopy artwork http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... endar-2014

Funded!!! Human chromosome jewellery. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection
  • MichaelTumey
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: How many updates?

by MichaelTumey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:59 pm

During funding once things were going well, I updated almost daily, at least every other day. Now that it's over, I try to update once a week, but have been finding myself posting about every 2 weeks. As was mentioned by Ed Franklin on Kicksnarkers.com - I'd avoid SPAMMING your backers with updates more often than once per day, but your 2 updates per week based on real updates to post about project progress sounds about right - since your project is moving ahead so quickly.
    25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter - create stunning RPG maps using any standard graphics software.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How many updates?

by sbriggman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I would agree with regards to the "spamming backers." I wouldn't do updates for the sake of updates, but try to share interesting pictures or news that relates to the project. I would update every 4 days. I would also blend these updates with regular text or images based updates and the occasional video update.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.