Hello from The Drift
  • Alcali68
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hello from The Drift

by Alcali68 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi, my name is Joshua Lacey and I just started my Kickstarter campaign for two CG animated short films entitled "The Drift: Birth by Sea" I would love some feedback, here is the link.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/695 ... on-project

Thanks for your time

Joshua Lacey
    CommonRabbit Studio

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello from The Drift

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 am

Hey Joshua - Welcome to the forum :). Well the first thing that comes to mind is it's never good when the pledge is $0.00. Would recommend asking your family and friends to pledge asap, as I find strangers don't like to be the first one to pledge.

You can also check out the cross promotion section here to link up with some other campaign creators to help with promotion: find-other-campaigners-interested-in-cross-promotion-f11.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Alcali68
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Alcali68 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:40 am

Yeah, that's the bad part. Everybody I know is poor or dosen't have an amazon account.
    Something I thought that would help is to contact my local newspaper for a human intrest story. It could possibly help others in getting their projects known too.
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by VaporStarter » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 am

Alcali68 wrote:I would love some feedback

Hi Joshua,

My suggestion would be to put a little more time and effort into your video presentation. A lot of the time video presentations can be rough and it doesn't impact the project much because the creator is selling something other than a movie/video/animation.

If you look at successful project videos for movies, videos, animations, you'll see that they are refined... because they are selling through the medium that they are selling. Your project worth will be judged heavily on your pitch video.

Also, I agree, local human interest would probably be a good way for you to go, in promoting your project.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
  • Alcali68
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Alcali68 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 am

Thanks for the helpful tips guys. VaporStarter, you're right about the video. I hated it from the start but though I had to be in it. I uploaded another video that showcases the animatic and character renders. I think it came out way better. Still not perfect but pretty good considering the software used is not the greatest.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:38 pm

For the people that are poor - I would emphasize that their card will not be charged unless you reach the $30,000 goal. Most people can spare at least $10 - what many spend on a meal, a movie ticket, a print book, etc.

For the people without an amazon account - I would try to underscore the time it would take to set one up - 5 minutes.

It can feel kind of strange to ask your friends to support you in a financial way. If it's really something you are passionate about, I definitely think it's worth it to deal with the objections and persuade them to get it up from $0.00, emphasizing that their card will not be charged unless you bring in the 30k.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by VaporStarter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:56 am

Alcali68 wrote:I hated it from the start but though I had to be in it.

Hi, I agree your new video is much better... but I want to stress it's not because you aren't in it... it just works better with the animations and the voice over. I think being in the video yourself is great... just that more care should be taken in the filming and editing of the segments.

Now the hard part... getting people to watch and fund your project! sbriggman is spot on... you need to convince your friends and family to get the ball rolling.
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com