Hey guys. :D
  • MichaelLangley
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hey guys. :D

by MichaelLangley » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:15 pm

My name is Michael, and I'm a new crowd-funding enthusiast.

I initially heard of crowd-funding because I've been an active member of the gaming community for years and it's proven to be a great boon to the independent developers who find it difficult to find funding any other way. Last month I helped create some concept art for a friend who's planning on launching his own kickstarter and it got me thinking about the possibilities of becoming part of this wondrous idea.

I'm a musician by trade, and I've recorded two full albums on my own, while holding a full-time job. I always think about taking time off from work to have more time to pursue my own artistic dreams, but I know that I need a paycheck coming in every week. Crowd-funding has introduced a brilliant way for artists, inventors, and all manner of creative people to get funded and promote themselves, and has allowed for a new breed of small-scale philanthropy.

I felt like introducing myself because this is apparently the place to be to talk to people who are kickstarter supporters and have crowd-funded projects themselves. Just today I launched a campaign for my third studio album, which I'd like to have recorded in a more well-equipped studio than the one I have connected to my computer. Whether or not it's successful, I'm still very much into the idea of supporting the philosophy of crowd-funding, so I'll be posting here if you guys will have me.

I look forward to meeting all of the forum regulars and learning more about this whole culture.

- Michael Langley

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/384064111/studio-album-everything-loved-everything-lost

• ACLeathercraft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Hey guys. :D

by ACLeathercraft » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Good luck with your album and your campaign! I think I am your 1st backer :)

Regards
    Sarah
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429 ... xury-leath
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hey guys. :D

by sbriggman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey Michael - Welcome to the forum. It definitely has been a game-changer for the independent gaming industry (no pun intended). What is your full-time job in?

Like you said, I definitely think crowdfunding just one part of a whole set of cultural shifts to cut out the middle man between creators and consumers so that everyone is happier.

Look forward to seeing the progress of your campaign.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.