The Pale Man: an illustrated short story
  • ThePaleMan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Pale Man: an illustrated short story

by ThePaleMan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145044131/the-pale-man-an-illustrated-short-story

I work as a marketing and web copywriter by day but, spend all of my evenings pursuing my own literary interests. Looking for new avenue of distribution, I’ve decided to try the Kickstarter experiment. Here’s the link to my project, it’s called The Pale Man and it’s a piece of short fiction. The funding is being gathered to pay for a series of illustrations that I am commissioning (the fist of which can be seen on our Kickstarter page,) along with the cost of printing the book itself. The idea here is to create an illustrated short story, a format that I haven’t seen enough of since my childhood when I read all of Roald Dahl’s work. While this could hardly be compared (in quality, genre, or style) to that man’s genius, I do think that this book could be used as a fuse to start the fire of literary interest in a young person. In much the same way that James and the Giant Peach did for me.

I've now reached what looks to be the ceiling of my “friends and family" support and am appealing to the internet at large. Any help that you have to offer would be amazing, if it comes in the form of backing the project or reposting the link I would be very grateful. Please take a look at let me know what you think.
    Thanks again,

Casey
    facebook: The Pale Man
    Twitter: @ThePaleMan

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Pale Man: an illustrated short story

by sbriggman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey Casey. Would recommend checking out this thread for forum members interested in cross promotion to extend the reach of their campaign: find-other-campaigners-interested-in-cross-promotion-f11.html

Welcome to the forum :)

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.