5 Ways to promote your Kickstarter campaign
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

5 Ways to promote your Kickstarter campaign

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 am

1. Create a facebook event and invite all your friends.

I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you've made some announcements leading up to the campaign. In general, Facebook posts with images do much better than text by blank. One study by Hubspot found that photos are getting
    53% more Likes than the average post. In addition, when you do create the event, be sure to use the invite all chrome plugin to easily invite all your friends at once

2. Spend a good two hours on google researching bloggers in your area.

Try technocrati and google blogs to find blogs in your niche. You can also use the google advanced search feature to find active blogs that have posted in the last hour or week. Create a list of at least 100 leads and go about emailing bloggers. I wouldn't expect more than 1% conversion rate. If you are willing to guest post on other people's blogs in return for a link to your Kickstarter campaign then you can expect a better conversion range.

Before contacting bloggers directly by email, I would recommend having some kind of interaction with them either through social media or by commenting on their blog posts. Bloggers notice comments and are more likely to remember you.

3. Set up google alerts to identify blogs that are picked up by google news and alerts and are therefore more relevant and of a higher quality

Target a bunch of keywords with google alerts to monitor the players in your arena. Make a list of all the blogs and websites you discover. Become active on their comments and do more than just link to your Kickstarter campaign. Make meaningful comments.

Remember, this step will only yield results if you keep an open mind and identify good keywords to use. For example, if you know a lot about the film industry, you might want to search for blogs that provide tips to aspiring directors so that you can contribute a guest post from your knowledge and background (which will link back to your campaign)

4. Start a blog and begin using it to generate organic search leads.

Social media is an awesome tool for getting your content out there especially if its good! If you can reach out to your campaign's target market through content, you will be actively engaging in content marketing. See my article here for more information. http://www.crowdcrux.com/content-market ... -campaign/

5. Get active in your local community.

Face to face beats the computer any day of the week. Find networking events in your local community with meetup.com and be sure to bring business cards. If possible, always get the other person's card. People are notoriously bad at following up. Be sure to follow up as soon as possible while you are fresh in their mind.

Questions? Thoughts? Additions? Leave a comment below.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Shalomkj
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: 5 Ways to promote your Kickstarter campaign

by Shalomkj » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello, my name is Shalom and I was hoping to get help from you. I am a struggling graphic novel artist from Canada and am in dire need of getting the word of my Kickstarter campaign to others.
    I was wondering if you could mention my project “3E” to your readers so I could get the word out there and perhaps get their support to get it funded.
    It is a ‘choose your adventure/path’ type graphic novel, which I need to get completed.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading my email and thank you, even if you are unable to help. Any tips on getting this out to the community would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197 ... e_location
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 5 Ways to promote your Kickstarter campaign

by sbriggman » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Have you engaged any graphic novel bloggers or forums?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.