Scam Agency.
  • modsalsa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Scam Agency.

by modsalsa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am

Hi guys

We have published few projects in Kickstarter and had achieved the targets. Recently we are trying to work with agencies and got chance to meet with a lot of scam ones showing big portfolio who need huge % of the total funds raised. It's really confusing at the moment to choose an agency who can really support us.

Please list the scam agency whom you had noticed. Also the good ones. This will be a good resource for upcoming startups.

Appreciate the help. Cheers!

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Scam Agency.

by hyperstarter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 am

Congrats on reaching your targets. I just wanted to give my quick thoughts on your post which essentially is "name and shame".

I saw a couple of posts like this on this forum, but whilst it's great to let people know your experience - I'm not sure how it would help, unless you've specific proof and so on.

Ideally, you'd want to do your own research and not accept agencies contacting you directly. If you do a background check on a company, see where they were featured and who wrote about them...my 2 cents :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • modsalsa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by modsalsa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 am

Well there are agencies who are good on claiming their agency fee after doing their work.

Sometimes we receive proposals where they need 25% of total funds raised + service fee + ad spending. What are these guys doing? They making money from the idea of others? What is 20-25% stands for? LOL
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:47 am

I think they're expecting a % because they're using their own money to buy ads, you'd also be tied to a contract too if it's one of the big guys. We don't work that way, prefering a flat-fee and examples are on our site if interested.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm

if there is any haters out there who despise marketing agencies, i believe i am the biggest of them all.

BUT, unfortunately i have to side with hyperstarter on this. you are saying some bull crap here. what are these guys doing?? they making money from the idea of others?? what is 20-25% stands for?? and lastly, LOL??

seriously, LOL?

i am not one of those who ask for a big chunk from your funded project. and i of all people hate it when people take advantage of another.

but theres a big difference between understanding the module, AND THEN hate it because its stupid.

what you are doing here is you dont even understand the module, but you hate it anyway. that LOL right there just dint cut it. you are ignorant. you dont even bother to look through this awesome forum to find more information about the lists you asked for when there is like hundreds of people complaining about this issue. you dont even make your research and you come LOL ing for things you dont understand.

pity you.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • modsalsa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by modsalsa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 am

@LOWKEY.....thanks for your "PITY" rating on my comments. In return, a smiley for you buddy :)

Proud makers will keep LOLING because we made stuff happening with a lot of effort and not by asking for the big chunk. I and my team launched 5-6 projects in different platform and are successful in shipping as well. Btw, I don't want to post my research thesis on the agencies we found are totally *****. This forum is awesome with a lot of makers and supporters. So I asked a normal query and got a LOW KEY PITY ....... LOL
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 am

Proud makers. Proud. What a word to replace "ignorant" or "arrogant" right? thats your best idea for a long time now. better write it down boy!

zuckerberg founded facebook. saverin, parker pitch the sales.
    steve job founded apple. guy kawasaki and his team pitch the sales. (and they even outsource)
    and the list goes on.

the problem is not about how marketing having a big chunk of your idea, but the fact that you denied their contributions in your company.

why, in the first place, they asked for 30% of your sales? because you dont have money to afford for the ads service and the direct fees.

if you have the money, you hire a team to do the research for you, and pay for the ads yourself.

what do you expect? somebody to work for you and in return they got $10,000 for your 1 million sales? every legit company know...nono, every sane businessman know when you created a product, the margin goes for :

cost to make + cost for marketing + labour + profit margin = final price.

but nope. not you. all you can think about is how much to make it and how much to sell them. typical.

you refuse to admit the importance of marketing to get your product out there. you refuse to pay people to help you, yet you throw tantrum for when people refuse to work with you. what is this? kindergarten? are you 6? where you expect everyone to say "ok" because you act childish?

as I mentioned before, I am one of those haters. I hate them for the fact they take advantage of product creators when they charge for unreasonable fees while this marketing work can be done through extensive research and understanding of creators own product. BUT, I do admit if the product creators refuse to do research on their own, and rely 100% on other people to do marketing for them, they gotta see this coming.

But you, my dear proud boy.

You launched 5-6 projects in different platform and successful in shipping as well. Obviously you are good in marketing. I assume. So why are you looking for marketing agencies? If I may, to increase sales. You are good, but to certain point. You know you can get more, but you refuse to pay more. Wew. Grow up.

And dont do this whole "this forum is awesome with a lot of makers and supporters"...what are you now politicians? You obviously trying to get support from the forumers by using the "we are proud makers" sentiment. Not everyone have the same meaning for the word "proud" like you do. They admit sometime they need outsiders help, and they need to make their own research to verify who can help them the most including identifying if some agencies works better with tech product or design or games etc.

ah boy, boy, boy. you got roasted.

not because i am good, but because you are bad at this. delete this post if you may. save some face will ya?
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman